KV-1 lightweight turret

noname

My second tank is complete. And I built it all by myself. :p All acrylic and pastels. Hope you like.

Picture442.jpg

tet.jpg

Picture436.jpg

Picture508.jpg

I love it. The painting and weathering is great, but I like the worn corner on the upper glacis plate...very nice touch.

scratchmod

Looks good . Again the painting and weathering is great ,looks just right .Tracks look good too ,nice bit of sag ;D

Chris.

Thank you Scratchmod and Chris. The kit track actually comes with that nice bit of sag along the top. You just have to help the ends where the individual tracks join.

Only acrylics and pastels were used. Oh ya, a little graphite too.I've been avoiding oils due to the smell of the thinners. I realise there are odourless but those can still be bad for you, you just don't realise it cause the odour is masked. Oils woulkd probably be better as far as the weathering goes I'm sure.

WoW !! Great Job ! Paint & Weathering are Bangin' ! Very nice worn look on th Galsis Plate !! Th Trax are Outstanding ! Not too much just right !

What kit is this ?

Thanks, this is the Trumpeter "lightweight turret" kit. They make a number of different versions of the KVs. They are a pretty safe kit and everyone seems to like them. No PE though. So if you like detail you may want to get some. I just built mine out of the box.

noname said:
Thanks, this is the Trumpeter "lightweight turret" kit. They make a number of different versions of the KVs. They are a pretty safe kit and everyone seems to like them. No PE though. So if you like detail you may want to get some. I just built mine out of the box.

Those Trax look like Fruilies ! Great Job !!

Cool russian tank, indeed. Like your weathering :) Which color you used for the russian Green?

I'll share something funny I did and worked with the tracks. The first KV I built I put the whole thing together including the tracks and the painted it. A little difficult but do-able. This time I built the tank then added the tracks. Well I painted the track links before assembly. I wouldn't recommend this. ::) I should have built the tracks and then painted them. Anyway, I had alot of trouble with them and ruined some of the links. I looked at the vinyl tracks that came with the kit but figured the sag would be very difficult to achieve. So I grafted a small section onto the styrene set around one of the drive wheels. Worked like a charm. Problem solving is a big part of model building.

Here is my well worn KV-2 I built if anyone is interested. This was my first ever tank. I will definately build more although I'm getting an itch to do some autos again. It's all good.

Picture434-2.jpg

Picture468.jpg

Don't mind the shiny headlight, it was just replaced before the photo shoot. ;D

WOW Noname that is outstanding for being one of your first,you should be proud of your effort.
Don't ever toss it but save it and a few years from now take her out and set it beside your latest and compare your modeling progress.

BTW look on your birth certificate there should be a given name for you on it. :D
Keep up the good work
Tony lee :)

Thanks Tony. I don't want to give the false impression I have never built models before. I have been building car models for the last few years and only lately started building military.

By the way I did look on my birth certificate and you are right there is a name there. but it doesn't say it's my name, it just says name above it. So I don't know for sure ite's my name. So I shouldn't use it just to be sure. :p

Matt

Latest posts

Back