Tiger I Turret # 213 Abt. 502 1944-1/35 Tamiya Kit 35216

Deusenburg

I have this started as turret # 213 of Otto Carius in the Eastern Front 1944. It will be painted dunkle gelb which looks to my eye more of a tan color. I will use Tamiya spray paint TS-68 which is as close as I can get. I am also leaving off front left and right road wheels as they were left off due to clogging up with excess mud and snow. It will be an out of box build only using some PE for the rear deck.

Attachments

• Tiger1 2.JPG
    Tiger1 2.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Tiger1 1.JPG
    Tiger1 1.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 3
Here is where I left off many months ago, the turret is built and painted, hull somewhat built and PE added to the rear deck and I have started painting the wheels and sprockets.

Attachments

• Tiger1 18.JPG
    Tiger1 18.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Tiger1 19.JPG
    Tiger1 19.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Tiger1 22.JPG
    Tiger1 22.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Tiger1 24.JPG
    Tiger1 24.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 8
The only issue is I am unsure of the color of the tank's turret numbers. Tamiya did 213 in white and I think I need aftermarket as I believe they should be black?

Attachments

• Tiger1 25.JPG
    Tiger1 25.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, I have seen aftermarket in black. I think I also remember while searching that 213 had no zimmerit. Been a while since I have done armor.

That's going to be a really nice build, Mr. Duesenberg! Looking forward to seeing it progress, sir.

Me too. I will follow with interest and yes you and Urumomo are correct, Carius's first tiger did have 213 in black.

Phil

I think I read his tank 217 was 213 with 217s turret? I believe 213s turret was blown off or destroyed and was replaced with 217s? Been a while since I read the book. This has been sitting a while so I have to refresh my notes and find out where I left off.

Byrden says in that link above that 217 was built long before 213 was destroyed and had been in the company since the start of '44

Yup that's what the link says, I read it in a book, somewhere and don't know if it is true or not. I don't know if the link is actually correct. My job before I retired required documentation which is why I am careful about what I take for "gospel". Not meaning to step on toes I am just very careful as to what I hear or read.

Byrden is the number one Tiger 1 expert on the planet so if he is sure of something it's definitely confirmed by documents .
That guy made it his mission

Latest posts

Back