Just something I made

I thought I'd post something I just made to aid in my modelling right here in this thread rather than start a new one. Got myself a hand held wire foam cutter then found out quickly I cannot make a straight cut to save my life so instead of investing in a table cutter I found a way to make a table for straight cuts utilizing my hand held cutter I already have. I put this together with left over wood from a household project. I started with an idea and it changed several times and several not so nice words were uttered while making it, but this is it. I tested it this morning and it works great for my needs. I don't do large dios due to space limitations, so my cutting widths are roughly 7.5 inches down to 4.5 in.

Attachments

• IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
24RFjeI.png

Cool idea!
Thanks, something about this hobby just gets the mind to working in a more creative way. I saw plenty of videos of people making the entire cutter but finding a way to utilize the cutter I just bought, in a similar fashion seemed more economical to me.

It would be an interesting thread, for each of us to show any similar innovations, creations, hacks, etc, that we've come up with on our benches.

I did this one-a home-made paintbrush rest:
2019-03-01-1-brush-rest.jpg
2019-03-01-2-brush-rest.jpg

I have some other brush holders on my bench, like a block of wood with holes drilled in it, and an old toothbrush caddy. But this is something I keep in my toolbox and take with me. So I took some Apoxie Sculpt and made a pair of them. I painted them gloss white to look a little like ceramic.

Latest posts

Back