Jagdtiger question

Amon Two

Collab needed. PM me.
Hi guys, first I want to apologize for posting here, but I did't know where else/in which subforum should I post this ;)

anyways, I'm planning to buy myself Jagdtiger kit (Henschel, without zimmerit) in 1/35th scale, but - to be honest Dragon's Kit No. 6285 (which I fond is the most precise and the best in that scale) is a little bit too expensive for my budget, so I'm wondering is there any other Jagd which can match Dragon's accurateness for lower price, or I'm doomed ;D?

thanks in advance
Josip

Tamiya makes one as well in 1/35, but it's one of their older kits and will likely cost you the same or more for less detail, but an easier build. Another thing to note is that while Dragon kits are usually very detailed, they aren't always accurate.

Dusky said:
Tamiya makes one as well in 1/35, but it's one of their older kits and will likely cost you the same or more for less detail, but an easier build. Another thing to note is that while Dragon kits are usually very detailed, they aren't always accurate.

Thanks Dusky for replying :D
Yup, I know Tamiya kit is a bit old, and that's the main reason I want to get myself Dragon...
I've found out that Revell does one in 1/35th scale, which is actually reboxed Dragon, but anyway, I've decided trying to save some money and get the one from Dragon

thanks again
Josip

Dragon has several JT kits. Tamiya has the old one and a newer one.

As far as prices go, tammy is about the same as Dragon....but you don't get as much in the kit.

You can get the older Dragon JT a bit cheaper than the newer smart kit. Online they will run around the $40 range, and the newer tooled kits cost more. You can find these kits here http://redfroghobbies.com/search.php?search=jagdtiger&submit=Go

Try a local show or hobby store for the first release from Dragon, might find it cheaper.

Ola Josip

If you want to save money you can buy the Revell JT. As you mention it is a DML reboxing but you get the exact same kit for less money. I dont know what your plans are with it. If you don't mind a half started one. I have to check at my parents home but it is quite possible I have one from revell with an Aber set half way through construction. if you are interested in getting one cheaply let me know but also give e some time to look it up. As I recall it was done in a time when my experience with PE was not that great and I would not want anybody to end up with the misery I created.

Back