Jagdtiger primer

Aaron1883

I've seen many people paint German vehicles that were the desert yellow i guess you would call it with a redish brown primer. I have Vellajo Air Rust color and wondered if that would be comparable to the redish brown. The LHS is not really that local for me and I don't want to make a trip just to get one color. That and the wife will kill me because I never come out of the HS without another model. Time to take a break on increasing my stash I guess and time to work on more :p

ive no idea what that color looks like but you can mix it up if you have tamia xf-64 and xf-7, vellajo have a hull red color but i think its a tad on the dark side, they also have a hull red primer wich is also a tad dark but it still is good,

WOW mj thats fantastic i never new that was a 1/48th, can you remember what how you toned it down? was it like a wash of raw umber or somit? reason im real interested is for an elephant dio i have planned :)

Thanks spud! I actually built up layers of different paint (I thought I just used flat red and filtered the crud out of it but it turns out I did it quite differently lol) here's what I wrote when I submitted it for the contest:
Here we have my Tamiya 1/48 Panzerjager 'jagdtiger'. It is the first tank I have built, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. First off I pre shaded the model then applied the base coat of Tamiya xf 68 Nato brown, Followed by a coat of Xf Hull red then finally Xf 7 flat red. I weathered it with Mig production washes, oil paints, pastel's, tamiya weathering packs and dry pigments. I highlited the bare metal with silver pencils. Scrath marks were created with Vallejo acrylic model colour paints.

Hope this helps :)

I'll have to get some tamiya hull paint and try it on scrap and see hat I can do

It looks great. Makes me think that the tank is bathed in its enemies blood and they didn't both to wash it off. What method did you use for your chipping?

This is the Jagdtiger I have just started, most of the hull is together and the road wheels are sitting on their arms waiting for primer and paint.

IMG_0152.jpg

I'm sitting here with the rear fenders/splash guards for my Jagdtiger trying to figure out what to do to bend them to create damage. Do you heat the piece up and then bend it? I figured I'd use needle nosed pliers but i don't want them to snap. Just wondering.

for the damage heat the part but dont put it too close to the flame. use a candle for this. and you can dent and bend it

chipping can be done with a small brush and some really dark brown or a bit of spondge.

here is mig jimenez blog and he is doing a 1/48 tiger read trough it, go to the bottom of the page to start because teh latest part it at the top.

Latest posts

Back