JagdTiger Build Not JagdPanther miss type

Aaron1883

Here kitty kitty. Here is my next project, the 1943 Jagdpanther. I figured it's a pretty laid back build with nothing to comPlicated. I'm going to try out some battle damage this time and have it buttoned up. A few went to the eastern front and I have been I thing to try the AK chipping magic out so I'll prime with red brown. Spray the AK. German yellow and camo. Seal and then a coat or two of Ak again then whitewash it and then chip again.
The kit. And with a brass shell and casing so I was going to try and place the impact as a glancing dud that ended up where one of the spare tracks hang. Maybe heat the shell up and break the track and melts tick it into the side armor then use a sharp tool to make machine gun fire. And the track guard dents and what not. This driver panicked after the hit and took off through anything and everything I'm thinking.

Re: Big Kitty (Jagdpanther)

Use light coats of the chipping fluid and let it dry between coats, post pics as you go so you can wet our lips

Well I have the tracks almost completed, I just need to form them and create some sag. Any recommendations on how to paint German tracks? They call for steel but I think that will look way to new.

Aaron ,

I think one of My favorite Panzers of th War is th Jagd-Panther ! It's sleek & Mean !! It's Sexy ! :eek: The STUG III being the Younger Sister ! ;D

There is some excellent reference out there ! Any particular Unit ? I'm lookin forward to this ;D

Rock-On !

I've got a Dragon JP in the stash I haven't gotten to yet, looking forward to some pics of this one.

As for the tracks, you can do it an easy way. First paint them a dark brown-rust color, apply a track wash or dark rust wash. Then you can apply dust pigments or oil dust color wash. Then the last thing to do is burnish the contact areas with dark steel pigments or lead from a pencil.
It all depends on how you want them to look.....just worn or heavy weathering.

Thanks ace and scratch. I have some uPdated photos I'll post soon but we have been snowed in here for the past three days and enjoying every second of that white cold stuff we can!

Here are some updated photo's. Trying to gset aside a good hour to get the tracks done but no luck so far.

IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0296-1.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg

OMG! I'm sorry guys! /pillows face with arm and cries...... I'm building a Jagdtiger not Panther. I have not idea why I put Panther, I don't even have one in my stash! No wonder I was wondering what PanzerAce was talking about

Lol I'm sure a mod will fix the title if you pm one, Nice start on the big kat

Sorry guys. I don't know what I was thinking when I first posted my new build. But anyway, I'm building the JagdTiger. Shooting for some battle damage this time. Scrapes dents and falling off fenders. The kit came with a brass shell and casing which I'm going to experiment with by heating the shell up and melting it into the armor itself so it hopefully look like it was lodged there.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296-1.jpg

AARON,

Great start !! Lookin' good. Keep a Rollin' . Th JT is a beast , indeed !! Lookin Hot. I'm lookin' forward to seein th shell damage.

If th Jagd-Tiger was in the X-Men , He'd be Colossus !! ;D

Lookin forward to seein more Brotha' !

coming together nice ive got one of this big mothers in my stash so looking forward to seein it come along

geegad

A well. It's been awhile since my last post but I have gotten some work done. Found a bottle of German red/brown and used it as the primer coat for the lower hull and also the tracks. I also found out that it's a frackin pain to put tracks on with just one un-glued running wheel on each side. But anyway, my next step is the battle damage with the stuck shell. I'm really looking forward to this and crossing my fingers that it turns out well.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

I washed the tracks already with an Ak product and then rubbed on some gun metal pigments. I might add some dust when the rest is all ready to be weathered but we'll see.

Took the jump tonight! I drilled a hole in the side of my tank, heated the shell up and pressed it into the hole. I was a little apprehensive going in but I think it turned out quite nicely. A plus is that I holds itself in place but I think I'll stick some putty an glue in the inside just to be in the safe side.

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Tore up the track guards a bit on one side to look like some was lodged in-between the track and guard as it strolled about.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Latest posts

Back