Jagdschwebenpanzer - Hover Tank - Alt. WWII

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
I finished this a few months back, and I thought I'd share with the addicts here. It's what I'm calling a Rehtna P. Jagdschwebenpanzer "hunting hover tank". It was a fun little challenge I gave myself: buy one kit and bash it into something sci-fi (using only that kit). In this case, I took Dragon's 1/35 Jagdpanther late smart kit. If you've ever built that kit, you'll probably recognize a lot of the parts.

rehtnap_3.jpg
The only parts I used besides the kit were a few decals, a clear styrene piece for the window, and 2 copper wires.

rehtnap_5.jpg
The kit's torsion bars made excellent spiky things (I'm gonna call them static discharge veins...sounds better).

rehtnap_8.jpg
And that interior was so bare...just had to fill it with something. The roof and forward engine hood are removable. It even has a flip down hatch.

rehtnap_13.jpg
Command chair with lots of greeblies.

rehtnap_15.jpg
In an attempt to cover up the front mounting holes, I added a tow cable. I'm still working on my rust painting techniques. I need to get the Lifecolor rust set if I can find it at a decent price.

More pictures available on my website: http://www.rebelscale.com/models/sci-fi/rehtna-p-hovertank/

Enjoy, and if you're curious on any of the parts, techniques, etc., please ask. I'm more than happy to explain.

Thanks guys. With any luck, I'll shoot some of the stuff I'm working on and get some pics up after X-mas. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back