1/24 Tamiya Honda City Cabriolet (hover conversion)

I am only saying that I remain cautious, especially those small strong magnets of high flux density. Meaning, I would not carry one around for hours in my pocket. I have those magnets at home, but when I handle them I do not hold them between polar ends, where the most concentrated parts are the pinpoint centres of the ends. It's those pinpoints where a cell is mostly exposed to any possible disruption.

NB: A single blood cell contains iron so oxygen can attach to it and get transported to where the oxygen is needed. Iron can become highly magnetised from magnetic contact... like a screw driver after touching the back of a speaker (hate that when it happens).

I'll never tell anyone to throw caution to the wind .
The frequency of the field appears to be key and not the gauss .
The field is static with permanent magnets .
The effect isn't from magnetizing the iron it's from free radical production through movement , vibration , of the iron atoms within the molecules which is induced by the expanding and collapsing field . 60 Hz in that study's case .
The radicals produced are what is causing the damage , similar to the molecular degradation induced by ionizing radiation .

Assuming this is what they have found .
I'm intrigued by that study so I'll be looking further into it .

I appreciate the kind words, and the concern!
I do not have any parts of this magnet in my pocket, ever, for what that's worth :D

I'm still contemplating where I'm storing it too. The Model will likely sit on a shelf on top of an upside down shotglass for safety. I wouldn't want this rig running all the time, and it is quite sensitive to other magnetic fields when it's running (The only place I've been able to get this build to float stably is my basement, and dead center on a small wooden table.)
The other magnet I have is smaller and floats a little more reliably (the load bits are actually two concentric magnets glued together, the one on this Honda is a step or two towards eccentric though... part of why I ended up with a second one.)

Knowing my luck, If I were to get it up and stable in the build cave, it would probably come crashing down the next time we mowed the lawn.
And when the magnet offsets past the strength of the PID controlled copper coils... it crashes down HARD. The thrusters and bottom bits on this build have been glued in place multiple times, lol.

The next hover car is almost definitely going to be a 65' Skyline. However I do want to knock a couple of foundation focused builds out before hand.

Lol, like dealing with those seam lines I didn't notice until I painted the bumpers blue.

Going to aim for as close to an automotive quality paint finish as possible too (I need compound! And probably wet sanding!)

This is not a foundation of building... But I'll probably try to stance a car as the only deviation/mod outside of instructions.

In other words I'm aiming to build something that doesn't require weathering or happy little trees.

Latest posts

Back