Italeri 1/48 AH-64 Apache Longbow

svinehunden

Hey all

It's been a while since I did anything but in the last days I've been real busy in the workshop and the Apache is finally done.
I made a review a long time ago and this model, only took me a year to complete :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ8tdoSCIiY&feature=channel_video_title​

Still a lot of mistakes, especially on the decals and the clear parts but this is my 3rd aircraft and overall, I'm VERY satisfied. I also had problems with the paint and it have pealed off in some places but it's not so bad and I don't feel like touching it anymore...

033.jpg

023.jpg

014.jpg

050.jpg

046.jpg

045.jpg

040.jpg

thanks guys. i have still completed so few models, i'm not really concerned about accuracy yet. i feel i gotta pick up some experience by building as many 'out the box' kits as i can.

023.jpg

just noticed how crooked the Longbow radar is positioned... terrible ::)

but it's not glued in place so it can easily be fixed. i'm gonna take some new pictures and position it right.
i don't really like these pictures anyway. they are way to yellow...

Looks really cool man! I really like the paint. Did you use a wash along the rivet lines? I have just started my first aircraft in over 26 years, a UH60 Blackhawk in 1/72nd scale. Im finding it really hard. I was going to enter it into the competition but forgot to take a photo of the box with a current newspaper! Haha. I will still post some pics of it when it is finished anyway. Any hints or tips you can provide about your build would be much appreciated. Great job!

nickt666 said:
Did you use a wash along the rivet lines? Any hints or tips you can provide about your build would be much appreciated.

yes i used black oil paint and odorless petroleum for the wash. my best advise is to test fit 1.000.000 times and think ahead while you do it ;)))

Looks good . I am trying to decide on what will be my forth build and only my second paint job hope it turns out half that good

Great work, hope mine looks half as good when finished.

Now I have a nice set of reference photos, thanks.

Latest posts

Back