ISS Yggdrasil, Saladin Class

Hey, Nerd Hearders!

Here's a little ditty I've been working on for some time. It was stuck in my "to do" drawer half finished. A couple years ago while at WonderFest I picked up a resin Saladin nacelle/neck at the Greeble Grab at Iron Modeler. Luckily I eventually found a 537 saucer in my stash & a friend gave me the idea to paint it up in a shatter camo pattern! Oh, why not, right? Not very effective in space except to make the visual impact of your ship just that more scary. Perfect for the Terran Empire, eh? The build was never intended to be perfect, just fun to build, something interesting to look at & a little variety on my shelf. So here's a few shots as well as the link to my album of build pictures. Enjoy!

beauty.jpg
aft.jpg
impulse.jpg
top.jpg
ventral.jpg
dish2.jpg

Album
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/Prince_of_Styrene_II/ISS%20Yggdrasil/

That looks fantastic! Can you email those with a description for the gallery? Thanks.

Now that's trippy! I wouldn't put it past the Terran Empire to throw paint schemes on their ships.

Love the way you painted the underside of the dish and fantastic splinter effect.

This came out great! I think the camo pattern makes the model, instead of the usual ivory ship. In space that ivory color would stand out like a sore thumb anyhow, might as well make it a bit scary.

Latest posts

Back