Intro and a few figures

big game nerd

Hello,
This is my first topic posting on this site. I thought that I would use this to introduce myself and show some of what I have done. Any comments or critiques are appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
teutonic3_zps0eaab33b.jpg
Roman1_zpsc045047c.jpg
Gladiator3_zpsd689bd83.jpg
Karnstein_zpsf74430b8.jpg

HI Steve Welcome to the site :)

really nice paint work on your figures, really like the roman standard bearer in particular and the naughty one too :p

nice work, and look forward to seeing more projects

cheers,

shane.

Beautiful work Steve, love the flesh work, very well done! Are you an oiler or an acrylic addict? Us oilers seem to be far and few betwixt nowadays, lol. Great work and welcome to the site.

Cheers, Ski.

Hey thanks everyone for the kind comments. I appreciate it, but if there is ever anything that you think needs improving or I can do better please don't hesitate to say so. I have thick skin.

@ glorfindel: yep that is his 1/4 scale Countess Carnstein kit. His kits are probably the best as far as sculpting, and casting go. I have never seen any bubbles, pits, etc and the fit is incredible and they are spectacular at showing that you can have a sexy female character without having an X-Rated model.

@Steve: Yes I use Oils, I do a lot of airbrush work to feel out the figure and then come back with Oil to do finish work. I think that Oil paint still gives a much better tone and character to a figure.

Again, thanks everyone for the comments and welcome!!
Steve

big game nerd said:
@Steve: Yes I use Oils, I do a lot of airbrush work to feel out the figure and then come back with Oil to do finish work. I think that Oil paint still gives a much better tone and character to a figure.

Looks like I found me another Bro! Oilers Rock, lol.

big game nerd said:
@ glorfindel: yep that is his 1/4 scale Countess Carnstein kit. His kits are probably the best as far as sculpting, and casting go. I have never seen any bubbles, pits, etc and the fit is incredible and they are spectacular at showing that you can have a sexy female character without having an X-Rated model.
thanks everyone for the comments and welcome!!
Steve

The reason I ask is Mike and I went to High School together. We had the same art teacher and at the time Mike was already an outstanding artist. We were big fantasy art/Boris Valejo fans as was our instructor, hence the influence. It's great to see his craft here.

Hi ya! ;D

Great looking busts of ancient warriors and of course the sexy leather clad vampire babe, Foxfire Studios/Solar Winds do makes some excellent resin models.

I expect to see some more of your work and any tips or tricks you have to pass on.

Latest posts

Back