Info and Q&A about the Gundam Group Build

Has anyone built the HG 1/100 Serpent Custom? Looking into this being the one I do for the Grop Build, but since I am so new to the Gundam universe, the huge selection is daunting to say the least. :)

ulvdemon said:
Has anyone built the HG 1/100 Serpent Custom? Looking into this being the one I do for the Grop Build, but since I am so new to the Gundam universe, the huge selection is daunting to say the least. :)

ive built it. not extremely great quality but its a fun kit never the less

sunsanvil said:
what he said. In many ways its easier to do an MG because parts are broken down by color even more than the HGs. If you've never done the "alligator clip" method of modeling before, you are in for a treat.

Oh man the first time I tried to paint one of these it made me soooooo mad, till I saw the youtube guy vegeta8259 do that. Then I started doing it, works so much better

My enthusiasm waned somewhat at the sight of all those 'gator clips.... :-\

Have fun with the builds, guys.
Got an idea for something I'd rather be building from my stash, so I won't be joining you guys

Re: Index of participants and projects

YOULI said:
I've got soooo many models to build (hundreds), and so many more builded but never finished, that need some glueing, painting, loving...

I've got some kitbash projects on, that won't fit here.

I've got a Zaku 2 diorama nearly done, the Red Zaku simply need the cables to be done, and some decals to be finished. Let's forget this one. Won't be fair.

http://hobbyforever.forum-actif.net/viewimage.forum?u=http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/YWESTLAURENCE/Gundam/DSC09185.jpg

I've got a F-91 Gundam 1/72, Resin kit, ready to be primed and painted and built... The thing is that I don't like this mecha. :)

I've got a Sazabi MG 1/100, started, wanted to built it for a girlfriend of mine. But since we wanted it to be shiny with red metallic, it's a bit difficult to do for me (I'm more in the "dust" thing you see... :D ).

I've got a Gundam Mk III, a big Resin mecha in 1/72 I think a group of friends gave me to "shape correctly" since it was poorly builded, glued with to much crazy glue, and painted like... well, there's no word for the mess they have done here. I washed the crazy mess and started to paint with Revell Acrylic Color. That could be a good candidate, and a rare Gundam, not seen often on the web. It Garage kits are allowed that is...

DSC07751.jpgMSF-007_Gundam_Mk_III_30.jpg

I've got a Zaku 2 from Gundam 0083, a 1/144 model kit in Resin, rare one too. Nearly done, the problem is, clearly, that

http://hobbyforever.forum-actif.net/viewimage.forum?u=http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/yeuweuleu/Gundam/GundamCOnversionKits.jpg

And I've got Ladies... Lady Gundam is a Mecha musume, AKA ladies with armor... I've got one nearly done, representing the GP-01 FB,

http://hobbyforever.forum-actif.net/viewimage.forum?u=http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/yeuweuleu/Gundam/PICT1716.jpg

and another one that need to be built (pinned) and painted, that has to be the V2 Gundam. They are garage kit, resin...

v2-girl.jpg

So much choices... So much to do.

What's your opinion ? Regular plastic kits ? Garage kit?

any idea where can that resin kit? the one thats the second pic down? i assume its the one in the box in the first pic. it looks like a great design

rookie said:
My enthusiasm waned somewhat at the sight of all those 'gator clips.... :-\

Its actually a very fluid way to airbrush. Holding a single part on the end of a 10" stick lets you rotate and reorient with ease (compared to handling a completed model) and you can flop between fine spray and shotgun without actually changing guns.

Totally. I paint like that sometimes and it's a great way to do it. Don't let that bother you. You get buy skewer sticks cheap and aligator clips too. A piece of 2" high density foam makes for a perfect way to hold them (spear sticks into) after and pre-painting.

Arrr this is what i get for being mia from this board. :'(

I want in! XD

Few questions.

Are Sd's allowed? Like the ones from the sangokuden line that look like samurai?

Can i enter a kit if its been worked on already?

Can i enter something if i plan to strip the paint and start over?

Thanks in advance!

Squee said:
Arrr this is what i get for being mia from this board. :'(

I want in! XD

Few questions.

Are Sd's allowed? Like the ones from the sangokuden line that look like samurai?

Can i enter a kit if its been worked on already?

Can i enter something if i plan to strip the paint and start over?

Thanks in advance!

We are discussing the SD line, so no answer as of yet for that one.

But a started kit is fine.

And a repaint should be fine. The only thing is that it is a Gundam in the end.

New build, half started build, complete rebuild, its all good as long as you are building! :)

As for SDs (Super Deformed, a sort of Gundam caricature, for those of you not familiar with the term), we are saying yes to them as long as it meets our GB scope: it must be an SD of an actual mobile suit from one of the official series/timelines (ie: an SD Mark II, Strike, Kyshatria, etc would fit, but not a sangokuden).

Well, i missed the spring contest this year as i have been too busy to find the time for much modelling lately. But, i am going to try to get involved in this GB. I have a few bandai kits in the closet and i have recently started on a 1/144 Gouf. It's a simple inexpensive kit (thanks HobbyWave.com) but i have plans for some modification that may turn out cool. Not a lot done on it so far but maybe this GB is what i need to keep me going on it.

I will be building a MG God Gundam from the stash, not brave enough to start on my MG Epyon or Full Armor Unicorn

Hi all,

I'm new to the SMA forum, though I've been a youtube subscriber for a while. This Gundam group build made me sign up! And I'm happy I did, there is so much on the forums! A giant wealth of knowledge!

To enter I just say what I'm going to build here in this thread? If so I will be building a MG 1/100 RGM-79C GM Type C.

Thanks!

hey put me down for a MG GM custom too. ive got an idea for a custom weapon pack i want to do. I might paint a third kit but not sure yet...

greyphantom1000 said:
hey put me down for a MG GM custom too. ive got an idea for a custom weapon pack i want to do. I might paint a third kit but not sure yet...

Added.

A third? Ambitious. I like it! :)

Hello,

I plan on joining the fun with an MG Delta Plus.

Let's have some good builds !

Added to the list.

Attention builders: Please feel free to start your threads (no need to wait till Saturday). Even if you start with just a box shot that will give me a chance to create the link in the "index" sticky.

Latest posts

Back