Info and Q&A about the Gundam Group Build

sunsanvil

Welcome to the Gundam Group Build at SMA!

Scope:
This group build covers any mobile suit, vehicle, ship, even character, which can be found in any of the official Gundam series/movies/universes. The kit may be new in box, or partially built up.

Timeline:
September 1 start date with a completion goal of January 31st.

Point:
The goal of this group build is to bring together the Gunpla fans here at SMA and give them an opportunity to highlight the unique kits and modeling techniques/processes that they encompass.

Prizes:
At this time there is nothing to win, other than some great camaraderie and the right to have GB banner in your sig (see below). We may look at naming a "Best of" for fun and to give someone bragging rights.

Disclaimer: all the above subject to change if there is sufficient feedback from the group to warrant.

Resources:
mahq.net A good repository of Mobile Suite information including specs, technology, weapons, place in the story lines etc.
Zeta Gundam on YouTube Considered by many as the most popular series, presented (legally) in its entirety on YouTube by AnimeChannel.
HobbyWave.com Comprehensive selection of Bandai Gundam kits (please note: SMA sponsor Elm City Hobbies does occasional orders from the same distributor so please give him preference when shopping).
Plamo videos on YouTube (Sleepylafiel) Many Plamo episodes are of Bandai Gundam kit builds.

Q&A/FAQ:

How do I participate?

Start your own thread for your build and update it as frequently as you can reasonably manage. We'll try to keep a summary list of who is doing what in this or another sticky linking out the the individual build threads.

Who is coordinating this Group Build?

Sunsanvil and Grendels are co-chairing this GB.

I'm new to Gundam. Is such-and-such from the Gundam universe?

Ask Sunsanvil.

I have a question not answered here.

Ask Sunsanvil or Grendels

This page subject to constant revision.

Here's a graphic for your signature(s).

4103.jpg

And the actual image code for your sig.

Code:
[IMG]http://txp.scalemodeladdict.com/images/4103.jpg[/IMG]

Also, if you want to link to your thread, first create it, then copy the link to your thread and replace the LINK in the code below with your actual thread link.

Code:
[url=LINK][IMG]http://txp.scalemodeladdict.com/images/4103.jpg[/IMG][/url]

very exciting!!!! i have been a fan for years and watched every episode more than twice, if you guys need any help with anything let me know. Also i would be willing to donate a kit for a prize if that is something people would want

4103.jpg

This is awesome! I was totally going to do a Gundam for my next build anyway, so bring it on!

kshatriya said:
im kinda new to forums, i was wondering how do i join this group build? thnx

Once September 1st comes, just start a thread and start posting. Nothing to sign up for.

im entering a kit from gundam 0080, not a gundam itself though,(its a villan suit) might try to dabble in fiber optics for the first time

Awwww...I reread the rules. Disappointed that Evangelion can't be included :( *surfs back to HobbyLink Japan to find an official Gundam kit......*

Okay,
so if you have seen my "Iron Clad" build you might be a little familiar with my unconventional concepts.
Would it bother people here if I built a Gundam kit NOT as a Gundam?
;) ;D ;D

greyphantom1000 said:
keeping in mind how cool the iron man came out i would love to see something like that
Thanx....I have something in mind....I have been thinking about it for a while now.
It may be too obvious though, but I will probably still do it. :)

A couple people wanted us to broaden the scope to include mecha, ships, and more from all sorts of different fictions, but that wouldn't really be a group build...be more like, well, the sci-fi forum we already have here at SMA. :)

In the interest of keeping it a "Gundam" group build with the broadest scope possible we settled on not just Gundams, not just mobile suits, but ANYTHING as long as it is found in, or I'll even say plausibly from, ANY of the numerous official shows/universes/manga (which makes for a metric butt load of possibilities).

If you have a specific project you are not sure fits in the above, PM me and we'll figure it out.

Latest posts

Back