[In-Box] Andrea Miniatures- Varathar Dark Guardian - WSS-01 - 54mm

Biskup

It’s the biggest set (for now) released in Warlord Saga by Andrea Miniatures representing this time a figure of an Elf (possibly dark elf) riding on the back of a reptile – dinosaur beast.
P1010004.jpg
P1010006.jpg
P1010007.jpg
P1010008.jpg
P1010009.jpg
P1010010.jpg
P1010011.jpg
P1010012.jpg
P1010013.jpg
P1010015.jpg
P1010016.jpg
This fantastic set was sculpted by Jaquin Palacios who’s the sculptor of the best figures released by Andrea in recent years. High quality cast have almost no sim lines and the ones that we will fins are easy to remove. Base, main body and head of the beast is casted in resin. All other elements are casted in white metal. This set has to heads which can be used for the elf. One is in helmet the other one is without any armor. It’s a really big set which will be a blast to make but it’s also a challenge. I strongly recommend to any fantasy fan.
If you have any questions feel free to ask on PM or e-mail ([email protected])
Cheers
Lukasz Ziolkowski

WOW Lukasz, this kit really looks fantastic ! It has strongly attracted my attention.

I´m not used to Fantasy or SciFi, but I must recognize that this "combo" (rider + mount) looks really impressive. :D

I think that for someone like you, experimented & skilled figure painter, this set would (will) be great! After seeing the Elve... the Falke, and on... :)
::) To be honest I would like to put my hands over one of these... but I think that I´m not enough skilled to get a good model ou of my work... I can see so many needed shades, lights, textures ::) I think I would ruin the model... :-\
Salud, Lukasz, :)
RG

Gotta agree with Jelly. This one could be a very impressive piece. With some nice groundwork this could be a really great vignette.

This is truly a great kit which I honestly recommend to any one interested in this subject or who just want to try something ells.
Jelly – I’m not that experienced as I would like to be and trust my I also have many doubts if I can pull it of with this kit. That’s why I’m waiting before I get more experience. But my better half says that I’m just stupid as I shouldn’t have any problems with that. I don’t agree with her and I think she wants me to do this kit as it looks great and it was a gift from here ;)
Cheers
Lukasz

Scott Girvan said:
Gotta agree with Jelly. This one could be a very impressive piece. With some nice groundwork this could be a really great vignette.

:D Yes, Scott , yes!

:D Fantasizing with possibilities is free ! And a vivid one is even better !

I can perfectly imagine this set in a vignette/small dio exiting a heavy forested jungle, with exuberant tropical flora, to a small open space just near a small waterfall…

But that’s too much dreaming for me… that would require in my case "Atom Fusion Age" modelling skills, while I´m just in the Coal Age… :-[

:) Biskup, mate, you should seriously hear to your Better Half:

:) Boy, I´ve seen your blog, and your figures, your work, and I´m in love with them (clarification: but not in a “The Love Boat” way, you know…).

Taking a look at Adrea´s website, there´s also another impressive set, again rider + mount. Look at this beautiful set: :D

http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/_carro/AspsProductos/foto.asp?Imagen=../../images/andrea/WS/detallegran/WSS-002-01.jpg
Zorabeth, morning mist…

Salud / Cheers, guys
RG

Jelly don't talk nonsense. Just show us your work. There are many good modelers and they will surely help get to another level.
I know this figure and I think I have it somewhere in my stash but it’s not as appealing to me as the Varathar.
Cheers
Lukasz

Biskup said:
Jelly don't talk nonsense. Just show us your work. There are many good modelers and they will surely help get to another level.
I know this figure and I think I have it somewhere in my stash but it’s not as appealing to me as the Varathar.
Cheers
Lukasz

;) Of course, Lukasz, of course... but I´m a really slow paced modeller, be patient!

The only models I´ve almost / fully finished after my "re-entry", and shown, are:

the "uparmored finnish SU-122" – 95% finished + crew waiting &

the "Schwimmwagen Ford" – 100% finished (they are in the "Armor section", my friend).

That´s mi current modelling / painting / weathering skill. ;)

I like very much figures, of course, and currently, I´m painting the Verlinden German WWII Radio Team. I like the pose, I like to paint them, but I´m realizing that their quality is not good:

At least, I can realize that if you pick a Dragon 2Gen figurines and invest in some Hornet Head or accessories, today they are vastly superior to the Verlinden ones (in my old times – the 80´s - Verlinden was the Guru, now I can see it has been clearly surpassed…) but I´m currently having good time and practicing techniques (like trying ;) - giving lights / shadows to the figures, etc.

Don´t worry, Lukasz because I´ll show the two figures, of course… but I´m a slow modeller! I have a lot to chores to do (job apart ;) ) !

Well, I mentioned the “Zoraberth” because I LOVE horses (really dogs & horses), and this horse seems to me a beautiful figure… and I agree with you, Varathar is spectacular…

Salud, Lukasz, :)
RG

Latest posts

Back