IM NEW LOOKING FOR HELP (ac-130 spector)

upsetluchadore

Im brand new to the forums and was looking for some help on a plane. I have built model cars in the past (skill lv 2) and im now looking into building planes. I really want to build a ac-130 but the only model i can find that i like is a skill lv 4. i was wondering if anyoen can help me find some cool ac 130 plans and a good place to buy some starter supplies and tools. any help would be great

thanks

i would like somthing of a larger scale model. i also saw one that is made by ertel do you know if they make good stuff. and is a skill lv 4 going to be hard if i have only have done some lv 2 models? i want somthing detailed but i dont want to be frustrated

thanks for the help guys but id really love to to a plastic model. Its going to be a project for my wife and i and id like it to take a weekend or 2 to finish. I do also need all of the supplies so any site for that stuff would be great. Id also be open to do a a-10 plane if thats a better option. this is a very cool forum with really helpfull people thanks again guys

upsetluchadore said:
Its going to be a project for my wife and i and id like it to take a weekend or 2 to finish.

Hey upsetluchadore, welcome to SMA.

If it is your goal to build something in a few weekends with your wife, I would suggest a Tamiya 1/48 WWII plane. They are well designed, go together quickly, and finish nice. It will also give you an opportunity to get some basic skills under your belt before trying to build a larger plane which involve a LOT of time and attention to detail.

Welcome.
Just to second Adampolo13 suggestion; in addtion to the Tamiya kits ( which do cost a little more) I would recommend trying one of the new tool Airfix kits. The new tool Airfix kits can be great skill builders also, and they can be bought at a very reasonable cost.

Jason

coool thanks for the help guys. Im going to be buying a kit soon ill let you know what I get. and maybe even post some pics once we are done building it

Latest posts

Back