Igard's Boxing Day Build - Droid Tri-Fighter

Igard

Got this for xmas as a wee prezzie. Decided to build it today. Just having fun here. Not gonna get serious.

2011-12-26_16-19-27_364.jpg

It needs some weathering... Ok, alot of scratches. ;D

2011-12-26_19-32-59_809.jpg

And some chrome dry brushing... Well, quite heavy dry brushing. ;D

2011-12-26_20-41-49_135.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll apply a dark wash. :)

Is this one of those Revel pre painted kits?

Nice job on the weathering, how'd you make those scratches?

Ttfn Matt

Yeah, it's a pre-painted kit. The box was all bashed up, so I'm guessing my mum got it cheap somewhere. Only model I got for christmas, so might as well get it built and enjoy it now.

I used a triangular diamond file to do the scratches. Maybe a bit too much, but it's good practice and all in the name of fun. :)

I quite like the look of the flying clone troop gunship thingie (sry don't know the correct name I'm an original trilogy nerd ;) ) but was put off because it's pre painted but now I may change my mind! lol

Didn't like the prequels myself either. They still had lots of cool designs though.

I don't think it matters much if it's pre-painted or whatever. You can always weather it like I'm doing here, or you can just primer the whole thing and start fresh.

It's probably a really good idea, if you want practice at painting or weathering, to get something really simple like this.

Good call mate.

I have two Y-Wings to make, one a Fine Molds the others a snapfix job, I may just plomp the snap fix together without correcting anything, paint the whole White then just weather it for fun. ;)

Thanks Quaralane. I'll still be running around making 'pew pew' noises though. ;D

And that's it. The flat coat has dried and I can call this done.

2011-12-27_18-08-45_661.jpg

Applied some pigment to make a few scorch effects to the hull and around the engines...

2011-12-27_18-09-21_892.jpg

2011-12-27_18-09-38_965.jpg

2011-12-27_18-10-01_779.jpg

And here's the finished piece... Sorry about the bad lighting here. I'm testing my new daylight lamp and it's not liking that table. I should've got a white cloth, but it's in the wash after all that pigment got all over it. ;D

2011-12-28_01-13-24_845.jpg

2011-12-28_01-13-56_521.jpg

There are 3 parts on this ship all covered with these injection marks. I missed all of them...

2011-12-28_01-14-14_22.jpg

2011-12-28_01-14-30_171.jpg

2011-12-28_01-15-24_51.jpg

2011-12-28_01-16-26_671.jpg

Thanks for reading. ;)

:eek:. Looking like that.... Must be quite the Droid fighter.....? A true survivor

Although They seem to blow up pretty fast in the movie!

Keep up the good work! It no longer looks like a toy! Display it with pride!

Norm.

She came out nice! Very beaten up and weathered. Kind of like a survivor that got left behind when the others jumped to hyperspace and she limped home...

Thanks chaps. :)

@Norm and Grendels, yeah she's quite a tough little ship isn't she? Considering they blew up at the slightest knock in the movie. ;D

Maybe it's the hero of an as-yet-unproduced episode of Clone Wars. If you're in the hero ship, you're probably going to make it home.

Family Guy said it best:

"Han, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1!"
"Look we've got four out of the five main characters on this ship. I think we'll be okay."

Nonetheless, great work! If you hadn't shown the progress pics, I would never have guessed you didn't repaint it. 8)

Thanks, MF. I think it was a good thing I quite heavily dry brushed it with chrome paint. The grey, un-coloured parts were too clean and plastic-ey before. I think that's what made the difference.

A hero ship? I think this was more of a coward ship. He hasn't even fired his payload. Both missiles still attached. Me thinks this guy turned tail and done a runner! ;D

Igard said:
A hero ship? I think this was more of a coward ship. He hasn't even fired his payload. Both missiles still attached. Me thinks this guy turned tail and done a runner! ;D

One way or another this little guy has definitely seen a battle :)
Work well done here, Igard! Looks way better then the oob version - thumbs up!

Cheers Sol. :)

Maybe he flew through an asteroid field to escape from little child Anakin!

Latest posts

Back