Ideas for a fix

USMCEOD

Morning,

I applied to much glue on the wheel and mounting post on the gear arm. And it popped off while handling. So I drill a whole and removed the material from the wheel and drilled the material out of the gear arm but I was wondering what should I use to make a post to combine the two? I was thinking some type of small metal rod because I think if I use poly it will not be strong enough. Anyways any ideas would be helpful

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_094651.jpg
    IMG_20230317_094651.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 14
Morning,

I applied to much glue on the wheel and mounting post on the gear arm. And it popped off while handling. So I drill a whole and removed the material from the wheel and drilled the material out of the gear arm but I was wondering what should I use to make a post to combine the two? I was thinking some type of small metal rod because I think if I use poly it will not be strong enough. Anyways any ideas would be helpful

Thanks!!
Maybe a small piece of copper wire from general household wiring or some solder ?
Pantherman

Here's what I just got. I figured I can measure just a tad small and fill with glue, sand and paint. I'll update how it works out. Thanks panther.

Here's what I just got. I figured I can measure just a tad small and fill with glue, sand and paint. I'll update how it works out. Thanks panther.
Probably helping I added the photo

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_111414.jpg
    IMG_20230317_111414.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 6
Morning,

Thanks!!
Why don't you try epoxy glue or contact glue

I have had this happen. Just drilled out, as you have, then used a plastic rod & cement ends.

The plastic rod will not break as it is tight to the wheel & its support & will not bend (ie & break).

If you want the wheel to turn. Cement the rod to the support arm. Wheel end just let the rod protrude just the smallest of fractions. Fashion a very thin piece of plastic (like a washer no hole) slightly larger than rod & cement onto the end of the rod.

Hope that makes sense. Mine repair is about 10 years old.

Laurie

Latest posts

Back