I want to build a scale Boeing 727 with custom paint and need some tips, please.

Well , whatever , bro -- I hope to see some of your work .
I'd love to have people like yourself that have experience to share what you have to our junior members ,

How is the weather in Oklahoma ? It's still a bit rich here on the Gulf Coast .

Last edited:
I have revised the paint, the graphics color and the wolf head logo. The older wolf head was too bold. The newer wolf head is hollow and less bold so as not to draw so much attention to itself. The graphics will be bright yelloe to contrast withhe pluim crazy paint well. Testor's ChryslerPlymouth/Dodge Plum Crazy spray paint is on order as is Testor's Metallic Silver for the wings. custom 727 plum crazy dodge hue jpg.jpg

Well , whatever , bro -- I hope to see some of your work .
I'd love to have people like yourself that have experience to share what you have to our junior members ,

How is the weather in Oklahoma ? It's still a bit rich here on the Gulf Coast .

I was cold as a witch's t_t last week, ice storm and rain too, but it has gotten sunny and somewhat warm again. The weather here is fickle.

Where can I get custom spray paints for models like royal purple?

I'm not an aeroplane guy. However, I have a mate of mine here in Australia who uses nothing but automotive paints on his car and truck models. And swears by them. So my thought is that if you can get the paint code for that purple, and it should not be that hard, then head on down to your local automotive paint/panel centre and get them to mix that sucker up and pop it into a spray can for you. Acrylics can be sprayed over a plastic prep primer without issue, and you'll have the knowledge that the colour is as it came from the factory.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Latest posts

Back