I return to this section of the cosmos with MODELS

Thereal9thdoctor

Hey all! I haven't been active much online since 2020, and apparently the site got remade so I lost my account. But I AM BACK!

Quick refresher: had a channel on Youtube for 3 years doin model builds, and ended up have to shut my channel down due to having to give the camera on loan back to my (now former) best friend and also due to YT's then new policies regarding what they could consider content targeting kids. I disagreed with their new policies and finally decided to leave. Don't regret it.

Anyhow, I moved this Febuary to a much better place, and this fall my GF moves in. But more importantly, I am back to building kits.

I have been building a few SuperMinipla, but I wanted to show off some newer stuff:

My build of the Atlantis Repop of the Aurora King Kong, and a kit I just got today, a Vinyl Brundlefly kit!20210611_112625.jpg

Attachments

• 20210611_130328.jpg
    20210611_130328.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210611_130337.jpg
    20210611_130337.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210702_210915.jpg
    20210702_210915.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Welcome back and Kong looks good. I did a lot of monster models as a kid and have a Phantom of the Opera in the stash but have yet to do anything with it. I'm not familiar with a brundlefly but look forward to seeing it when you finish it. We certainly need an alternative to youtube.

Welcome back and Kong looks good. I did a lot of monster models as a kid and have a Phantom of the Opera in the stash but have yet to do anything with it. I'm not familiar with a brundlefly but look forward to seeing it when you finish it. We certainly need an alternative to youtube.
Thanks! Also got the big 1/350 TOS Enterprise that will be an upcoming project I will chronicle here. As well as a car and OLD Aurora ship kit.

There is Bitchute, which I joined, but their viewing system is weird. I only ever posted one video there.

Nice work! My 9 year old is a Godzilla nut, I'm helping him build his first kit right now, the smaller PL Godzilla. That and work stuff have sort of sidelined a couple of my current builds, but with the long weekend I hope to have some updates on my own stuff. Welcome back.

Nice work! My 9 year old is a Godzilla nut, I'm helping him build his first kit right now, the smaller PL Godzilla. That and work stuff have sort of sidelined a couple of my current builds, but with the long weekend I hope to have some updates on my own stuff. Welcome back.
I have a vinyl Godzilla kit, and plan to get more. Most of my kaiju collection are toys though.

My holy grail is a Gamera 1999 kit by a company called Atelier. It is a stop motion puppet in kit form, with a completely metal skeleton you build an articulated vinyl and plastic body on. But its rare and pricey.

Yikes. I remember that guy.
Never built a model of him, though
I never even knew there were any of him. I stumbled across this on Ebay.

I THINK this could be a repop of a Horizon kit, due to the pamphlet it comes with being a Horizon pamphlet, but I can find zero evidence they made such a kit, so I dunno.

Its big too, 1/6 scale and 12 inches tall.

20210704_112328.jpg

Mr. Brundle is starting to look like something...

Base coated with a custom reddish brown I spent an hour last night get to where I wanted, then this morning I've been slathering a loose coat of flesh tone over top. Once this is dry I am either gonna do a wash of a darkened flesh tone mixed with the base or dry brush a lighter flesh tone on top, haven't decided which yet. Before that though I wanna seal the paintjob so far.

And my wonderful girlfriend is assisting me with a car model a friend gave me while I work on this by painting the car chassis for me.

20210704_185713.jpg

So been progressively drybrushing lighter and lighter fleshtones over Mr. Brundle. Now since I went too light with the last layer I need to knock this down some. I'll mix up some paint in between the base flesh tone I started drybrushing with and the darker brown and lightly hit the kit all over. Hopefully it'll knock down the brightness of the drybrushing and blend everything together.

Still looking better than I'd hoped, especially since other than clear sealer coat this is all brushwork.

20210704_214838.jpg

Very close to being done. I drybrushed the darker flesh tone lightly over the lighter areas to blend things and even out tones, hit him with more clearcoat, then painted in the greenish areas. Detail paints need to dry and recoat, add hair and if I can figure it out I'd like to slime up his probosis. Then he'll be done.

20210704_230542.jpg

Handsome fella! From my references the hair is in random splotches all over, but most noticable around his head and neck, so I will do a bit more after glue has dried and then call this kit finished.

Actually, question... anybody got a recipe for slime for the probosis?

EDIT: Figured it out. Used caked up brush on clearcoat.

Attachments

• 20210705_000413.jpg
    20210705_000413.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
if you want dripping slime you can use uv resin. a youtube channel Black Magic Craft does that.

Latest posts

Back