Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Rocket Pods

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Rockeye Cluster Bombs

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaxHeadroom

I'm building a un-manned Zombie fighting drone. I have limited space for 3 weapons and can't decide how to arm it. What do you suggest?

Gotta have a gun, so .50cal is a must. I find napalm is indiscriminate, and tends to just make a mess of things (not that the other 2 choices don't) but do you want to kill zombies? Or burn the whole neighborhood down? LOL

gun for sure and well the rockets are amiable to a point but I would go with the napalm also if you come across a herd of zombies light em up :)

Got to have the gun.
Figure the napalm can come in handy for creating a getaway firebreak
The rockets are for dealing with mobs of zombies at a time

But you forgot the best one of all,,The mini-gun!! :) Looking forward to seeing this one..

Here's my thinking. 50 cal instead of mini gun due to weight & space issues ( I'm kitbashing 1/72 aircraft parts with 1/48 scale weapons). It can take care of individuals or small groups. Cluster bombs or rocket pods for medium sized groups. Cluster bombs are more practical but the rocket pods look cool. Napalm for dealing with the swarm a la Walking Dead. Good for large open areas. I'm thinking more of armed recon or CAS instead of a roving hunter/killer which has been over done.

MaxHeadroom said:
Here's my thinking. 50 cal instead of mini gun due to weight & space issues ( I'm kitbashing 1/72 aircraft parts with 1/48 scale weapons). It can take care of individuals or small groups. Cluster bombs or rocket pods for medium sized groups. Cluster bombs are more practical but the rocket pods look cool. Napalm for dealing with the swarm a la Walking Dead. Good for large open areas. I'm thinking more of armed recon or CAS instead of a roving hunter/killer which has been over done.

Mini-gun is lighter and takes up less room than the .50cal, also the ammo weighs less, which means you can carry more ammo in the same amount of space and weight that the .50cal ammo would take up.

Mini-gun also puts out alot more rounds per min., but the .50cal would hit harder, and longer range. Toss up either way.

It would be more regarding the main theatre of operations. If in an urban setting the minigun would be best but in rural and spread out cities the .50 (M2) would do good. Also will it be manual or remote? Funny getting so serious about fictional situations..LOL

Elm City Hobbies said:
Gotta have a gun, so .50cal is a must. I find napalm is indiscriminate, and tends to just make a mess of things (not that the other 2 choices don't) but do you want to kill zombies? Or burn the whole neighborhood down? LOL
If a neighborhood.is infested with Zombies, burning it is the best (and fastest) option.
;D

Latest posts

Back