How much bench time do you have per week?

How much bench time do you have per week?

• 1-3 hours

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • 4-10 hours

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • 11-20 hours

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 21-30 hours

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 30+ hours

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Re:Reasons and the web!

I voted on the 1-3 hours but in reality there are many times I do not model during the week. One is work obviously. I do travel about during the day as much as 300 miles in a day seeing clients.
{I am an outside sales person for a distributor of tools and safety products for the utility industry}
Many times I am just tired after work. Also after just reading Scott Girvan's article on this very subject I too find myself "burning" a lot of time on the internet checking out the work of others.
I justify that in my mind as 'inspiration research'

Now most of my bench time, particularly in the Winter months is on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I will awake as early as 5:30 and stay in the cave until 10am or 11am. My wife sleeps in on the weekends. Summer months I usually cut it short as there is some outside yard work or other chore demanding my attention. Nancy and I have no children or pets and life is pretty well laid back at the Blanton compound. So while I ticked 1-3 hours during the week, perhaps. It's the weekend early in the morning when I like to work. Just keep me away from spending too much time on the web!

Re:Reasons and the web!

fblanton said:
...I will awake as early as 5:30...

I get in a cycle where I'll do the same, just, during the week. I'll wake up at 5 or so, and since I don't have to start getting ready for work till around 6:30, I'll get some bench time in. In the winter, I can do that, up till the start of Daylight Savings Time, which messes up my cycles.

Anyone else taken leave from work with the intention of spending a day at the bench, weather it be a 'MEntal health' sick day or part of your annual leave?
I can admit to doing both, but only once for the former. Usually taken when a gb/contest/sig deadlines close very shortly after.

Yes, I've done that.

Now that I work from a home office the guilt is a bit much though...when I had my office at a different location it was easier to justify a snow day.

Latest posts

Back