holy chicken doodles! diesel engine block gets blown off its oil pan.

Re: holy chicken doodles!

yea that was my thought exactly, is he ok? is he getting up, ok he is getting up AWESOME DO IT AGAIN!

the entire engine block blew right off the oil pan leaving the oil pan, crank shaft, connecting rods, and pistons lay. quite obviously that engine was not at all heavily used as those pistons look clean as a whistle.

Re: holy chicken doodles!

i bet that engine block with all the parts weighs at least 750LB, it probably weighs in excess of 1,000LB, i would not be the slightest bit surprised if that engine block weighed a Ton.

Nah, I doubt it would have weighed that much, those engines are pretty high performance, not much different than what is in a top fuel dragster really, likely aluminum block, and lightweight. Still 400-500lbs I am sure with everything on it...but no where near the 1000lb mark.

I would say by looking at the wreckage, the block split in 2. If the block separated from the oil pan, it would have taken the crank and pistons with it, since the engine block itself encapsulates those parts.

The tractor pull guys work their tractors much the same way as the top fuel and funny car dragsters, and the engine gets torn down between each run, likely the aluminum block had a fault in it, and once the power was put to it, sheared the block off at the bottom of the combustion chambers, thus leaving the bottom of the block, crank shaft, pistons and rods in the tractor.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Nah, I doubt it would have weighed that much, those engines are pretty high performance, not much different than what is in a top fuel dragster really, likely aluminum block, and lightweight. Still 400-500lbs I am sure with everything on it...but no where near the 1000lb mark.

I would say by looking at the wreckage, the block split in 2. If the block separated from the oil pan, it would have taken the crank and pistons with it, since the engine block itself encapsulates those parts.

The tractor pull guys work their tractors much the same way as the top fuel and funny car dragsters, and the engine gets torn down between each run, likely the aluminum block had a fault in it, and once the power was put to it, sheared the block off at the bottom of the combustion chambers, thus leaving the bottom of the block, crank shaft, pistons and rods in the tractor.

500 lb is still a lot though...

Latest posts

Back