Hobbit Movie

kiwi gav

Hi Addicts

I have recently been very fortunate to be able to see the 1st Hobbit Movie.
Very Very Cool

I fully recommend seeing it in the super High Definition when it is released world wide. roll on the second

I really want to see it but that's not going to happen at the cinema so I'll have to wait for the blu ray release.

Just saw it a couple of hours ago. I am a very tough crowd when it comes to movies, especially when I'm such a huge fan of the genre. I've read The Hobbit twice, LotR 4 times, The Silmarilion 4 times, The Unfinished Tales, some of The Lost Tales, and The Children of Hurin. I think that covers it anyway. I'm a big Tolkien fan let's put it like that.

Wasn't disappointed in the least with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. If you've heard some bad reviews (of which there a quite a few) then ignore them. I watched in plain old 24fps 2D, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

I had a couple of issues with some the CGI, and 1 line of dialogue bothered me a little bit. I would have liked to see the dwarves developed a bit more too. Some scenes felt a bit drawn out, but I like that sort of pacing.

Overall though, it was very good. Not quite the level of LotR trilogy, but that would be a tall order.

It's a funny movie with superb characters and brillliant action scenes. It's less serious than LotR, but that's to be expected since the orginal novel was written for younger children. The same children who had grown older by the time Tolkien wrote LotR.

Can't wait for the blu ray!

Oh, and Martin Freeman is quite simply amazing in this. :)

It's an excellent movie. Little long, but sets the stage very well for the sequels

Latest posts

Back