Here comes Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel...the prequel

airdave

I had no business messing up the other Snoopy thread...

this is a very small diorama I made years back for a group build competition on the paper forum.
It involved using any ready-to-build paper model kit from Fiddlers Green.net

01-P3253763.jpg

I chose to use three kits: the Sopwith Camel, a Fokker D.VII and their Barn & Silo kit.
All printed on 65lb cardstock at reduced scale.
The two planes I reduced to fit both on one sheet and the Barn I reduced slightly onto a full sheet.
Snoopy artwork was sized to fit the Camel, since that was the whole point of the diorama.
The base I created from cardstock, and I decided not to include a figure of Richtofen. He's in the Barn.

Scale is...?...no idea.
Since FG kits don't have an obvious or stated scale to start with.
I'd guess the aircraft are somewhere around 1/87 (HO?)...thats sort of where I had planned it.

I won't bore you with the construction details, there isn't that much to show.
The finished diorama:

diorama intro.jpg

final 03.jpgfinal 04.jpgfinal 05.jpgfinal 09.jpg
final 06.jpg
fokker final 01.jpg

final 08.jpg

I had no business messing up the other Snoopy thread...

this is a very small diorama I made years back for a group build competition on the paper forum.
It involved using any ready-to-build paper model kit from Fiddlers Green.net

View attachment 108079

I chose to use three kits: the Sopwith Camel, a Fokker D.VII and their Barn & Silo kit.
All printed on 65lb cardstock at reduced scale.
The two planes I reduced to fit both on one sheet and the Barn I reduced slightly onto a full sheet.
Snoopy artwork was sized to fit the Camel, since that was the whole point of the diorama.
The base I created from cardstock, and I decided not to include a figure of Richtofen. He's in the Barn.

Scale is...?...no idea.
Since FG kits don't have an obvious or stated scale to start with.
I'd guess the aircraft are somewhere around 1/87 (HO?)...thats sort of where I had planned it.

I won't bore you with the construction details, there isn't that much to show.
The finished diorama:

View attachment 108080

View attachment 108081View attachment 108082View attachment 108083View attachment 108084
View attachment 108088
View attachment 108085

View attachment 108086
Love it! Great addition, thanks for sharing!

Back