Here comes Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel...the prequel

airdave

I had no business messing up the other Snoopy thread...

this is a very small diorama I made years back for a group build competition on the paper forum.
It involved using any ready-to-build paper model kit from Fiddlers Green.net

01-P3253763.jpg

I chose to use three kits: the Sopwith Camel, a Fokker D.VII and their Barn & Silo kit.
All printed on 65lb cardstock at reduced scale.
The two planes I reduced to fit both on one sheet and the Barn I reduced slightly onto a full sheet.
Snoopy artwork was sized to fit the Camel, since that was the whole point of the diorama.
The base I created from cardstock, and I decided not to include a figure of Richtofen. He's in the Barn.

Scale is...?...no idea.
Since FG kits don't have an obvious or stated scale to start with.
I'd guess the aircraft are somewhere around 1/87 (HO?)...thats sort of where I had planned it.

I won't bore you with the construction details, there isn't that much to show.
The finished diorama:

diorama intro.jpg

final 03.jpgfinal 04.jpgfinal 05.jpgfinal 09.jpg
final 06.jpg
fokker final 01.jpg

final 08.jpg

I had no business messing up the other Snoopy thread...

this is a very small diorama I made years back for a group build competition on the paper forum.
It involved using any ready-to-build paper model kit from Fiddlers Green.net

View attachment 108079

I chose to use three kits: the Sopwith Camel, a Fokker D.VII and their Barn & Silo kit.
All printed on 65lb cardstock at reduced scale.
The two planes I reduced to fit both on one sheet and the Barn I reduced slightly onto a full sheet.
Snoopy artwork was sized to fit the Camel, since that was the whole point of the diorama.
The base I created from cardstock, and I decided not to include a figure of Richtofen. He's in the Barn.

Scale is...?...no idea.
Since FG kits don't have an obvious or stated scale to start with.
I'd guess the aircraft are somewhere around 1/87 (HO?)...thats sort of where I had planned it.

I won't bore you with the construction details, there isn't that much to show.
The finished diorama:

View attachment 108080

View attachment 108081View attachment 108082View attachment 108083View attachment 108084
View attachment 108088
View attachment 108085

View attachment 108086
Love it! Great addition, thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back