help, i need all kinds of advice

thewifesaysnomore

I'm thinking of building revells 1:48 F15E strike eagle. Are the resin cockpits a good choice? What about photoetched interior/ exterior parts. I would also like to open up a few hatches as well...avionics bay, cannon bay, etc...I also have trouble with decals. How do they get put on SO cleanly that they don't even look like decals?? Sorry for all the questions, Ijust really want to build a high quality custom model. Instead of just using the stock kit....thanks for your time. ???

Uncertain in regards to the resin cockpits and the photo-etch. I prefer to build my jets in flight. As for the decals, usually you will need to apply a gloss coat of some kind (Testor's Glosscote, Pledge, or others), apply the decals since they go over better on a gloss finish, then apply another coat of gloss, then a flat coat to tone down the shine. Other's with more experience can better explain. I assume you are going for something like this?

CAM00594_zpsb45de9cb.jpg

As mentioned, laying down a gloss coat before the decals helps them to settle in better and not silver. You can also get Micro sol and Micro set. These are liquids that help soften and settle the decals.

I used resin parts for the first time not long ago. USE THEM! They are well worth the money. As are the photo etched parts.

Latest posts

Back