Hello from the deep south!

Welcome aboard and you are a brave man. I too am closer to 70 than 60 and anything less than 1/35 scale ( I do AFV's) is off limits for me. Good luck.

Last edited:
Retired and headed to 70. So I decided to go backwards a bit as lots of older guys go to 1/32 scale but I am going to 1/72 scale and may dabble in 1/144. My Opti Visor knows the way. Nice site.
Hi and welcome to the forum, great place to be for help and advice. I'm a 1/35 man doing mostly German armor.
Looking forward to seeing your work.
Pantherman

Welcome to the Herd! I look forward to seeing those Braille-scale builds.

Best regards,
Brad

Thanks, I also dabbled in armor, Panthers, Tigers and my favorite King Tiger with a Porsche turret. Hopefully sometime soon I will find and start a 1/24 Monogram or Revell Dusenburg Model SJ Torpedo Phaeton. That or finish my 1/35 Tamiya Panther G Late. Probably start my 1/72 Tamiya A6M3 type 22 Zero in a week or so.

Last edited:
Retired and headed to 70. So I decided to go backwards a bit as lots of older guys go to 1/32 scale but I am going to 1/72 scale and may dabble in 1/144. My Opti Visor knows the way. Nice site.

It's funny you mention that as I was a 1/72 and 1/700 scale nut but I really started wishlisting the those larger 1/48 and 1/32 kits and 1/350 for ships now as they are much easier on the eyes :D

Have not pulled the trigger yet on 1/32, but I am slowly trying to transition to 1/48

I really don't have eye problems and if I need to see smaller items I use an Optivisor. I just don't get the large scale after 60 thing. Maybe some have arthritis and can't handle small parts but that is not a problem to me. Maybe I am just lucky or have a different outlook on it.

For me it is more the added details for larger scale that is most appealing

Also for larger scales show off the more subtle weathering stuff that get lost on smaller scale stuff

I have to wear glasses now for modelling which is something new in the last 5 years, but I can at least still work with small stuff

of course the problem with large scale is space. I could fit a whole collection of 1/72 stuff in the space 2 1/32 jets would take up so I am kind of holding off to just have 1 or 2 specials things that large

I just checked my stash and I don't have a 1/35 Tamiya Panther V late. It is a 1/35 Tamiya Tiger I being done as Otto Carius's tank in Russia, turret number 213. No single link tracks or metal barrel on this one, just some PE. I read his book "Tigers In The Mud", excellent read!

Welcome aboard from Florida. Great community here and good resource for tips, tricks, critiques and yucks in general

Latest posts

Back