Hasegawa 1/48 F-2A Idolmaster

Dave The Chef

Doing this for a bit of fun although I may regret it when I get to the decals - the sheet's HUGE - "there's thousands of 'em" :p
P1030606.jpg

P1030607.jpg

P1030621.jpg

P1030623.jpg

P1030626.jpg

Think they've chosen the most disgusting colour to mold this in don't you reckon?

I sense many a decal nightmare in your near future.
SHould be pretty when it's done, though

Thanks guys :)
Quaralane said:
I sense many a decal nightmare in your near future.
SHould be pretty when it's done, though

Yeah I was thinking I'd better get one hell of a gloss coat down first or there'll be trouble :D

there is always grey paint. If the bulk supply of solvaset doesn't work anyway.

Ha! I love the color. something different from the usual gray and white. that kit looks like a blast as well!

Cheers :)
Have been making progress - got paint on (Revell 61 sandy yellow which is the closest match to what they wanted you to paint it in) and the bottom has it's decals on (still wet in this shot).
P1030634.jpg

P1030635.jpg

Think by the time I've got all the decals on I may need to spend some time in the ol' rubber room :D

WOW.
Definitely giving me flashbacks to the aztecs on my 1/1000 Enterprise.
Still, she's coming along very nicely

Cheers guys, here's a question for ya - thinking ahead and all, do you think I should wash the panel lines?
I have not done any kind of pre or post shading cos I really didn't think it would suit this build so I'm in two minds about using any washes too. Just keep her totally clean perhaps?

Dave The Chef said:
Cheers guys, here's a question for ya - thinking ahead and all, do you think I should wash the panel lines?
I have not done any kind of pre or post shading cos I really didn't think it would suit this build so I'm in two minds about using any washes too. Just keep her totally clean perhaps?

Hmm.. tough call. The box art looks like it is, though the small pic on the box appears to not have it (though I can't realy make it out). You could go half way, only doing the flaps and such and not all the panels. basically, the BIG spaces/gaps. Or maybe some REALLY subtle panel lines all over.

Cool decal job so far. I'd agree with Ferris828 and just limit the wash to the major panel line (flaps and the like). I'd want to draw attention to that great decal job and not draw from it.

Latest posts

Back