Halo 4 Diorama WIP

oddmanrush

I'm never sure where to put this sort of thing...Sci-Fi? Dioramas? Figures?
Oh well.
Lately, I've been into creating dioramas using action figures. With the range of figures you can get, the options are almost limitless. Plus, it is a nice step outside of my typical modeling of tanks, and planes.
On this merry occasion, I decided to pick up two action figures from the Halo 4 Series...Master Chief, and an Elite Zealot.
In this diorama, which I've titled Master of War, it will be clear that the Master Chief is, well, the master of war.
In order to make an action figure look more realistic, some work needs to be done.
As you know, action figures don't generally have hands that appropriately hold a weapon, like a gun, or anything else for that matter. They are rigid, and static.
For this project, I set out to change that.
I used a sharp blade to separate Chief's trigger finger on his right hand, as all his fingers are fused together.

DSCN1535.jpg

Once I did that, I dipped his hand in hot water, making his finger more susceptible to manipulation. When his trigger finger was in the correct position, I dunked his hand into some cold water to help set it. I did this several times for good measure until I got his hand to look like this:

DSCN1544.jpg

And when a rifle is put in his hand you get

DSCN1546.jpg

DSCN1547.jpg

His left hand was given a similar treatment to open it up a bit.

DSCN1545.jpg

What do you think so far?

Very cool! gonna keep my eye on this. I've been thinking about doing something like this.

Terry ;D

Thanks guys, glad you're liking it so far!

I finished painting Master Chief last night. Here is a small update...

ChiefHighlights.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

Pretty basic. Just repainted the base coat of black and green using Vallejo acrylics. When I was satisfied, I gave him a nice wash with artist oils and then a treatment of dry brushing, again with Vallejo acrylics.
Love vallejo for brush painting!

stretch said:
Nice paint job allover, but Gee whiz THAT VISORS BEAUTIFULL

Isn't it though??
I liked it so much that I left it completely untouched....I know, it should be dirty or even damaged but I just couldn't do it. Its kind of a nice accent. Maybe I'll do a lil something to it. I just like how it stands out against all the green.

Just playing through the first Halo once again right now with the release of an anniversary edition (still pretty cool gameplay even nowdays, but maaaan, some of those "billions of identical corridors"-levels are terrible ::))
Very nice job so far, always cool to see a Halo-based dio considering how cool are the designs for this series. Waiting for more with anticipation ;)

I'm so glad you're doing this. The Halo figurines sold off the shelf don't do justice to the incredible graphics of the Halo games, animation and graphic novels. It's really great to see Master Chief looking as he should :)

I hope every one had a safe and happy holiday!
I have some updating to do....
Here is the Zealot, all painted up. I added some saliva with some hot glue which I wish would have photographed a bit better, but its not bad.
DSCN1565.jpg

After finishing him up, I put him on the base, surrounded him with tissue paper to create a foundation for the rubble, then covered that in blue painter's tape.

DSCN1571.jpg

Some trusty celluclay and white glue covered over the blue tape....

DSCN1576.jpg

Then I added some rubble using bits of a ruined wall from a resin kit I have. And also some large chunks of dry wall...

DSCN1575.jpg

Which all came together to make this...

DSCN1577.jpg

Now I just need to paint it!

This is really looking good!
:)
I love it. I have given custom paint jobs to some of McFarlane's figures, but have never done a dio with them . :)

That came out great! And those were both action figures :eek:

Latest posts

Back