Guten Tag!!

I think it was just Great lakes and San Diego
I was at Great Lakes for boot and A-school , but they ended up moving A-school for nukes down to Orlando right before I started class down there .
I watched the very first MM A-school class forming up to march to who the hell cares during the first couple of weeks I was TAD prior to classes starting . ( TAD = sweepers sweepers man your brooms , and sometimes parking lot watch , lulz )

I just recently discovered that they moved nuke school to South Carolina . Long ago , evidently .

I think it was just Great lakes and San Diego
I was at Great Lakes for boot and A-school , but they ended up moving A-school for nukes down to Orlando right before I started class down there .
I watched the very first MM A-school class forming up to march to who the hell cares during the first couple of weeks I was TAD prior to classes starting . ( TAD = sweepers sweepers man your brooms , and sometimes parking lot watch , lulz )

I just recently discovered that they moved nuke school to South Carolina . Long ago , evidently .
They sure did, and TAD...this guy right here has definitely swept parking lots of rocks...the freaking parking lot was surrounded by gravel rock beds!!!!! Wth man!? Lol

I keep hoping a Nimitz class snipe will pop up here .
There's millions of us so the odds should be pretty good .

My berthing compartment had like 100 MM nukes in it .
And maybe 10? EMs -- they had their own smaller berthing up forward so we housed their overflow I guess .
And maybe a dozen RTs -- they're the fewest among us in Reactor Dept .
They have only one watch station , lol -- Reactor Operator , although I think they have at least one other roving watch

Around 120-125 in one berthing

I have no idea where the conventional MMs lived .
I only went into the MMR twice the entire 52 months I was on that ship.
Once on the initial grand tour after getting my TLD and once sometime in either 90 or 91 to see if they had any epoxy deck paint . :D

My berthing compartment had like 100 MM nukes in it .
And maybe 10? EMs -- they had their own smaller berthing up forward so we housed their overflow I guess .
And maybe a dozen RTs -- they're the fewest among us in Reactor Dept .
They have only one watch station , lol -- Reactor Operator , although I think they have at least one other roving watch

Around 120-125 in one berthing

I have no idea where the conventional MMs lived .
I only went into the MMR twice the entire 52 months I was on that ship.
Once on the initial grand tour after getting my TLD and once sometime in either 90 or 91 to see if they had any epoxy deck paint . :D
I want you to realize my boat had a total of around 140 Officers and men lol

Ha ha , yeah , I'm aware .

I assume you had female sailors aboard ?
That's so weird to me .
Not against it , it's just so alien . Even still , looking at contemporary photos of shipboard activity and there's all these gals , lol .

Ha ha , yeah , I'm aware .

I assume you had female sailors aboard ?
That's so weird to me .
Not against it , it's just so alien . Even still , looking at contemporary photos of shipboard activity and there's all these gals , lol .
Nay nay my good sir, I was in while it was all males on subs still....didn't work with my first female until I got to the reserves....kinda proud that I was one of the last to experience the rah rah male comraderie, no fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Glad you're here ,
Post some pix .
We all love photos here .
Are you working on something now ?

Glad you're here ,
Post some pix .
We all love photos here .
Are you working on something now ?
Hey I appreciate that, I'm always working on one. Now it's a Bf-109 E3 with aftermarket decals of a unique scheme....but I got a neat sorta concept project I'm excited about coming up that I'm gonna give regular updates on.

Well that's neat as hell! Takes skill kitbashing, way more than following an instruction manual.

:D I was hoping your " neat sorta concept project " was something along those lines .

:D I was hoping your " neat sorta concept project " was something along those lines .
Well it's gonna be an educated guess on what a plausible Fw190 D13 would have looked like without any photographic evidence. Using research and notes and well yes kitbashing decals and some minor parts to an existing frame. It's my passion project, a few years of research coming to fruition.

Nice .

I have a 1/48 190 kit in the stash that I want to make into a jet .
I sometimes play with the design in my head when I'm chauffeuring my dog around the neighborhood .

Latest posts

Back