Gundam Master grade 'sticker' question.

Ferris928

Hey, I’m thinking about building a Bandai MG Zaku II, however the “decals” are stickers. There are some dry transfers and such, but the rest of the ‘stencils’ are stickers.
Do you guys think it would work to remove the sticker ‘glue’ and apply them with future, and have it look like they were decals? Or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.

I second the notion of getting the water-slide set. The stickers are simply too thick and look like crap. The dry-transfers can look exquisite, but they are a "one shot" deal (get them crocked, or break them, and you are screwed).

I now refuse to buy a Bandai MG unless I can also get the waterside decals for it (I had to go all the way to HK to get the genuine sheet for my RX78 ver.ka!). We could complain that they are smoking us for an extra $5, but in their defense the stickers are there for the "slap together" collectors (which is as much a part of their market as us "serious" modelers). Still, you would think that on the really expensive kits they'd include both but oh well.

PS that kit is on my (long) wish list of kits to get/build. :) Are you doing Char's or a green one?

Thank you both!
I was lucky sometime back and found the MS-06F/J Zaku II on sale on amazon. Right after the big Gundam Wing craze. I think i only paid about $10.00 for it. With that I picked up 2 Kampfers,the BIG Nuke Gundam from 0083, and one of the Gundams from MS 08, all really cheep. I still ending up on spending alot, but saved more.
As for version...Not sure yet. I'd like to do some sort of Vermacht looking Zaku, since the Zeon are essentially WWII Germans from what they've showed in MS IGLOO. But still not too sure. Will probably happen after the mecha GB that's currently going on now. That way I'm not constrained in time and such and mess things up. Also, i don't have all the paints and such that I think i'd need.

Again, thanks!

I think it's safe to say that it's version I, it doesn't have all the cool looking parts that I've seen in pix of the Version 2.

A 'Big Zaku Attack Group Build' would be awesome! :)

I'd get in on a thread like that, especially since I dont have a Zaku kit at the moment and my opportunity to order only comes a couple/three times a year. :)

Latest posts

Back