GRUMMAN F3F-2

Great choice of kit, Terry, it's a great model, and a beautiful finish! Isn't it great to build something that doesn't need weathering, for a change? :D

What paints did you use for the final colors?

Nice, I always love putting the decals on my aircraft. It really brings them to life. Great job on the kit.

the Baron said:
Great choice of kit, Terry, it's a great model, and a beautiful finish! Isn't it great to build something that doesn't need weathering, for a change? :D

What paints did you use for the final colors?

Thanks Baron!! I used testors silver and Tamiya yellow.

Terry 8)

letsgobrowns82 said:
Nice, I always love putting the decals on my aircraft. It really brings them to life. Great job on the kit.

Yeah it's nice!

Thanks!

Wow! Badass! And to think i've never really thought of myself as a fan of that vintage of aircraft, but darned if that didn't turn out SWEET!

Thanks Guys!!!

The decals are done!! Some detail painting still left to do. A landing light lens still needs to be attached. Here's how she looks and comments are welcome.

Terry 8)

DSC08390.jpg

DSC08391.jpg

DSC08393.jpg

DSC08395.jpg

DSC08397.jpg

Well we getting very close to the end of this little project. Now it's time to add the radio wires. A lot of American planes have tension springs and the F3F has three. No problem all you have to make them and it's really not hard to do. Here's some pictures of what I did.

Terry

Start with two gauges of wire.

DSC08399.jpg

Wrap the small gauge round the large making a spring.

DSC08400.jpg

DSC08401.jpg

DSC08403.jpg

Make loops in the ends.

DSC08404.jpg

Attach to the antenna masts and AL SHUBANG!!! a wire tension spring.

DSC08405.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

The same was done to each wing tip.

DSC08407.jpg

DSC08408.jpg

DSC08409.jpg

DSC08410.jpg

Well I'm calling this one done! It's been a nice little diversion. Thanks for following along and here are the final pictures

Terry ;D

DSC08413.jpg

DSC08414.jpg

DSC08415.jpg

DSC08416.jpg

DSC08417.jpg

DSC08419.jpg

DSC08420.jpg

DSC08421.jpg

DSC08422.jpg

Very nice! I like your touch of the tension springs for the aerial, too. I may have to steal that idea for my builds ;)

the Baron said:
Very nice! I like your touch of the tension springs for the aerial, too. I may have to steal that idea for my builds ;)

Thanks Baron!! You're welcome to use anything I do for your builds.

;D

Excellent work! Challenging kit, from what I've been told but with some skill and patience it comes around beautifully! :D

Latest posts

Back