Grey Street - MiniArt Norman Street

Man, that looks cool. I so want to try one of these for my M3 stuart. Not that many middle eastern/desert ones on the market though

Great progress, Erik! And a great idea for a generic backdrop for photographing.

Thanks guys!

I had some time today to start the weathering washes. I need to adjust a few windows and hit the whole thing with another spray of Dullcote, then it will be picture time!

Rookie - I think MiniArt has a few buildings that may pass for your project - http://www.miniart-models.com/ - but I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I may need to add another one of these kits to the stash!

Erik

Looks great Erik! I have another set like this from Mini art and your build and paint work is inspiring here. Hopefully you will post more images.

BTW, I married a lady from Celina Oh. Mercer County. We live in Richmond, Va. {I am from RVA}and pop back to Oh once a year or so.

Hey Frank - Thanks! My wife and I are both from Akron, OH...so moving to Findlay was a bit of a culture and landscape shock! I'm sure the move from Celina to Richmond had to be a little different too! Hahahaa!!!

OK - here's the update.

GreyStreet1211124-vi.jpg

GreyStreet1211123-vi.jpg

GreyStreet1211121-vi.jpg

I went on the light side with the weathering. I didn't want the buildings to look abandoned, but I did want a used look. All the windows and doors are set, and all the windows have glass. I'm working on the drapes, those should be installed by the end of the weekend. I also have some little bits and details to add to the interior windowsills. Still working on the signs for the bakery and bookstore. I'm thinking the bookstore will have a sign hanging out from the wall...I think. The bakery is the large green building.

Well...that's all for now...thanks...Erik

Very nice work, alls it needs now is a tracked vehicle parked in front..... ;)

Amazing JOB! Congrats...
Have you made some upgrades on the windos or you just glued the glass on the back side?

Looking great. If you shoot a picture in the right angle, many people won't know that it's a scale dio .

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone...I'm in the process of adding the drapes and some interior windowsill clutter.

OldHammer said:
Amazing JOB! Congrats...
Have you made some upgrades on the windos or you just glued the glass on the back side?

The only thing I did for the kit windows was glue them in various degrees of open. I used thin plastic glued to the back of each window section. I didn't cut each pane separately. I was hoping the light would reflect off the windows for a little added atmosphere.

Once I finish the drapes and such, I'll get more pics posted.

Thanks again...Erik

OK - so I'm WAY behind in updating and posting! This is basically finished, I'll add small bits here and there, but the base groundwork is complete. Any figures or extras will not be glued so I can move them as needed for shooting.

GreyStreet1229126-vi.jpg

GreyStreet1229125-vi.jpg

GreyStreet1229122-vi.jpg

GreyStreet1229121-vi.jpg

The drapes were made with artist marker paper, colored with art markers, then soaked with 50/50 water/glue. The marker paper really held up to the folding and shaping, and the markers are solvent based, so they didn't bleed. My bricks still have a bit of shine to them, so I'll need to hit those with some Dullcote.

That's all - thanks - Erik

Beautiful job, Erik! I know guys on the Treefrog toy soldier forum who would be excited to have a backdrop like this for their figures. It's excellent!

Latest posts

Back