good news and bad news...

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
good news is i passed my electrical certification test and i am now one of the most certified students in the class, this is one of the biggest certifications avalible, but bad news also came burning around the corner with the good news, between you guys and me, i am getting a car from my grandfather for a really cheep price, i need the car, so he is going to give it too me for a fee... and work! i have fixed so many things on the car, it has a total of over 174,000 miles on it, but its still in good shape! BUT! there are a few issues with it.

i have worked on the several things so far...
i have replaced a strut, changed a battery, done the brakes and machine the drums and disks, chaged the oil more than once in its life time, cleaned the throttle body, replaced the air filter, done a engine inspection, and the biggest job that i have done, is replaced the fuel pump/ sending unit/ fuel level indicator! which is in the gas tank of course, which was a pain in the neck to get out and back in and hooked up! all these hours of work, and i got a rude wake up call!

i brought it into the shop for one last little thing, a engine inspection, and i looked at the coolant, gunk is built up into the coolant that looks like motor oil, i looked at the gaskets and the intake gaskets are leaking causing the coolant too gunk! now i have to flush the coolant out and eventually replace the gaskets or the issue will simply continue! hmm as simple as disconnecting the intake and taking the manifold and a few sensors off right? WRONG! the alternator, power steering pump, ignition coils, and several sensors and mounting brackets are hooked too the intake manifold, i will have to remove multiple components just to get the intake manifold off... overwhelming! but what choice do i have.... if i want the car, i have to work for it.

Could be worse....instead of just gaskets needing replaced, could have been a cracked block or cylinder head!

A cert and a free car isn't good, bad. It's good, good. Now if your free car had crushed your models or exploded the garage, that would be good, bad. :p

Seriously though, cars are a pain. Good luck and I hope it's just a gasket and not something metal. Metal parts are always more than a gasket in an engine.

Gundamhead said:
A cert and a free car isn't good, bad. It's good, good. Now if your free car had crushed your models or exploded the garage, that would be good, bad. :p

Seriously though, cars are a pain. Good luck and I hope it's just a gasket and not something metal. Metal parts are always more than a gasket in an engine.

its not going to be free...

it turns out the issue was not as bad as the guys said it was, i looked at it myself and drained the coolant and the sludge was not as severe as it looked too them, the car now has good coolant, and i put some fuel system and fuel injector cleaner in it too clean her up, now she gets up and goes... holy cow!

Ace, mind if your post some pics? atleast your working from scratch... just like Pimp my ride thingy!!!

Latest posts

Back