Getting pigments from acrylics

CY343491

Hi,
I can homemade acrylic paint from pigments, but i wonder is there a way to extract pigments from acrylic paints?

No .
Unless you want to get into some-kinda solvent/filter/distillation process which would be fairly inane . Huge input for tiny results .
Pigments are cheap to purchase individually .

:D I enjoy his unusual questions

I was wondering how his decanting went , but he recently told me the paint is still sitting in the fridge .

All rather damn silly. ;)

I just like toast covered with butter to eat with a hot cup of coffee.

Laurie

sloppy-eating.gif

Why ?
Pantherman
I have tons of acrylic paints which i won't ever use. When i walk through sidewalks i can find and get many acrylic paints for free, LOL. They're mostly Winsor&Newton, St.Petersburg Sonnet, sometimes local brands, i don't know why people throwing them on streets. Sometimes i feel like i'm a hoarder.

I've also researched, there is a way, but very hard and troublesome (some knows). I asked it to forum if anyone know better solution, not the dumbest question i think you can be little a bit kind by the way.
But why would you or anyone go through the trouble of doing so?

Easy buy paint off the shelf. I build models not make paint. Not enough time in my life. Plus I know it works.

Laurie ;)

Easy buy paint off the shelf. I build models not make paint. Not enough time in my life. Plus I know it works.

Laurie ;)
This ^^^^^

I’m going to be blunt here and not going to apologize.

You’re too busy being obsessed in homebrewing this and that because you claim to make things “easier” rather than building. Anybody will tell you you’re wasting your time.

Latest posts

Back