German U-boat Type VIIB Conning Tower Gun Deck and Figures

View attachment 12
View attachment 13

The water works are done as best as I'm going to get it, so when the last figure is complete I will post him, then get both figures mounted and call this one good!

Thanks for watchin, Ski.
Can you explain your process for water work. I've tried quite a few techniques for my last build and used several different products in multiple attempts but in the end I just settled for something I found exceptable but by no means what I truely wanted in a finished project.

Can you explain your process for water work. I've tried quite a few techniques for my last build and used several different products in multiple attempts but in the end I just settled for something I found exceptable but by no means what I truely wanted in a finished project.
Doc, I've added the SBS link from T/L showing how I did this. Ya gotta remember, this was my first attempt and I did a lot of digging on the net to find a reasonable solution for a first time out of the shute.
https://www.track-link.com/blogs/35205/11
https://www.track-link.com/blogs/35205/12
Hope this helps.

Thanks, Phil!

Wow, sorry for the serious delay, Ian, thanks!

Oky Doky,

Here's the grand finale, calling this puppy done.

"Calm Before The Storm"

Alpine Miniatures 1/16th Scale #16021 German U-Boat Captain, Alpine Miniatures 1/16th Scale #16036 German U-Boat Watch Officer, German U-boat Type VIIB Conning Tower Gun Deck and Dual Gun from Shapeways, designed by Sasa Drobac.

Figures painted in oils over an acrylic base. Railing, cables, flag pole, and deck bench were scratch built. The water effect was created using blue construction foam with several layers of Vallejo's Water Effects and acrylic paint.

View attachment 84324
View attachment 84325
View attachment 84326
View attachment 84327
View attachment 84328
View attachment 84329
View attachment 84330
View attachment 84331

Cheers, Ski.
This amazing!!!

Latest posts

Back