German Grey Variants?

noname

Got a quick question. From what I understand Tamiya's German Grey is a good colour to represent early German armour. But sometimes I see people using a lighter blueish grey. Is this a completely different colour or a variant on the German Gray?

Hi Noname ,

The Panzer Grey is actually a dark steel grey .However out in the field grey tends to weather badly and the colour does change and can fade right out to a blue grey and in extreme cases nearly light grey in areas . So there is no hard and fast rules .But if you go for factory finish ,then yes the Tamiya colour is good :D.
I tend to mix German grey and field blue together myself ;D

Chris.

Good Job! Yes I can see the the blue in there. I guess it is like Russian green, it takes many different forms specially considering how old the paint is.

Yip ...Same thing ;) It also depends on who mixed the orignal paint too as the shade could vary greatly ,but as long as its grey ...nobody can really tell you its the wrong shade ::)

Chris.

Sounds good to me. I've heard before that different places and people mix the paint a tad different. Makes it easy for us eh? ;D

Latest posts

Back