Gaming!

But in CoD, the MP-40 was a bit underpowered for balance. The Germans had the MP44 (STG if you prefer), which was billy bad a$$, but was heavy and made you run slow. Then the Americans had the BAR, again powerful, heavy, and low mag clip (though historically accurate). Then theres the rifle comparison. KAR vs Garand.... Then we can go into the Russian and British guns... Like I said, options for balance. Then we get MW... All guns, all sides. Boooooo. Takes away a key strategy component that made the original CoD shine IMHO. :D Ahhhh, the good ole days.

KeiserSoze said:
But in CoD, the MP-40 was a bit underpowered for balance. The Germans had the MP44 (STG if you prefer), which was billy bad a$$, but was heavy and made you run slow. Then the Americans had the BAR, again powerful, heavy, and low mag clip (though historically accurate). Then theres the rifle comparison. KAR vs Garand.... Then we can go into the Russian and British guns... Like I said, options for balance. Then we get MW... All guns, all sides. Boooooo. Takes away a key strategy component that made the original CoD shine IMHO. :D Ahhhh, the good ole days.

yep, the STG-44 the father of the AK-47, the first of the Assault rifles. it fired intermediate ammunition, reduced muzzle velocity, but... it reduced recoil, and made it so you could carry lots more ammunition! and as you stated the STG-44 or MP-44 was heavier! and the KAR the german semi automatic rifle, yes... 2 rounds more ammunition capacity, but i think the M1 Garand punched harder!

there are so many levels in my flight simulator, that i have yet to fly them all!

superhighelivation.jpg

just did a dogfight in the mountains, the elevation exceeds 11,000ft! i learned to use them to my advantage, climbing up them as low as possible, looked i was riding right up them, i was making the enemy pilots confused... as i was dipping in and out of the vallies!

Figured I'd give this thread a bump instead of starting a new one...

I recently got hooked hard into this game.

http://www.worldoftanks.com/

You take command of an American, German or Soviet tank and crew during the second world war. Start in a light scout tank and work, train and research your way to bigger and better things. Play in games of 15 vs 15.....

And best of all, it's free.

So why are you still reading this go and download it now..... and keep in mind while playing..... this is not a first person shooter. The turret does not swing around on target as fast as you want it to.... and take advantage of cover and terrain features.

Happy hunting!

WW2 Aircraft enthusiasts Il-2 Sturmovik 1946/Cliffs of Dover is for you. 1946 is great, making scenarios and takes virtually no cpu requirements to play with a good framerate. CoD is slightly more advanced, but more realistic and overall better (just less aircraft :'()

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
WW2 Aircraft enthusiasts Il-2 Sturmovik 1946/Cliffs of Dover is for you. 1946 is great, making scenarios and takes virtually no cpu requirements to play with a good framerate. CoD is slightly more advanced, but more realistic and overall better (just less aircraft :'()

i want to try that really bad.

13aceofspades13 said:

learning to dogfight is a real b!tch to get down pat though.... And making sure you dont stall in a tight maneuver et cetera... But there are 300+ aircraft (a pack will let you fly them all) and theres around 20 maps, 15 airforces (you can have custom markings) Luft 46 and heaps more... ;D

13aceofspades13 said:

learning to dogfight is a real b!tch to get down pat though.... And making sure you dont stall in a tight maneuver et cetera... But there are 300+ aircraft (a pack will let you fly them all) and theres around 20 maps, 15 airforces (you can have custom markings) Luft 46 and heaps more... ;D

i think i would be ok at the dogfighting portion, i have played many... different combat flight simulators, microsoft combat flight simulator 3, microsoft combat flight simulator 2, F-22 Lightning 3, there are a couple more i have played. at first its hard, but you have to learn about G forces Deflection shots... Ect, its harder than it looks, i can remember the first time playing a flight simulator...

//invisions a Biplane crashing on takeoff...

13aceofspades13 said:
13aceofspades13 said:

down pat though.... And making sure you dont stall in a tight maneuver et cetera... But there are 300+ aircraft (a pack will let you fly them all) and theres around 20 maps, 15 airforces (you can have custom markings) Luft 46 and heaps more... ;D

i think i would be ok at the dogfighting portion, i have played many... different combat flight simulators, microsoft combat flight simulator 3, microsoft combat flight simulator 2, F-22 Lightning 3, there are a couple more i have played. at first its hard, but you have to learn about G forces Deflection shots... Ect, its harder than it looks, i can remember the first time playing a flight simulator...

//invisions a Biplane crashing on takeoff...

Yeah, I only picked 1946 up last week so I'm not the greatest, but I can still shoot down 2-3 aircraft (Fighters) on Ace (hardest) mode...
learning to dogfight is a real b!tch to get

with enough practice you will get it, speaking of which, more gaming for you guys, fixed my flight simulator X in fact it works awesome, and i think i may turn up the graphics a little.

fighting the Vulcano!
Ace vs Volcano

a tour of the many cool places, plus a little bit of wild flying!
FSX Fly through

Latest posts

Back