Gaming!

Re: the nerd herd!

Jingles said:
13aceofspades13 said:
i have a few people on my friends list whome build scale models, but i dont think they frequent the website, and i think they would like it! it would give them a little ensentive to join!

Just ask them to join. You could even mention the contest. :)

Jingles.

yes, just asking would work, but i think making a video would make a bigger impact, they would get to see all the cool people here, the stuff they make, and the fun we have. you know what i mean, a picture can speak a thousand words, and plus i also want to make a video with as many of the heavy contributers on SMA on it.

and the contest is important too! i want to enter the contest this year, but have no money to make a compatible model, nor the time DX

Old school Call of Duty for me. And I mean old school. The original PC version. CoD2 was ok, but it was built on an engine for Xbox, and that totally screwed up the game play. After that, I got sucked into WoW. Then I became a father... /uninstall games :'( :p

I have been hung up on a couple of Massive Multiplayer Online Games,

Combat Arms is really good, and took up alot of time, then I discovered World of Tanks, and then it was all downhill from there. Awesome addictive online game.

The only bad thing about WoT, is it was a closed Beta I was in and have spent the last 2 months earning points to upgrade weapons and armor and sometimes whole tanks. Come April 15, the game goes live to the public, and everyone's accounts are going to be reset. While it is fair and I recognize that.....took a long time to build up my tanks to the point they are at now. They do say that they are going to reward us for being Beta testers, so we will see what the reward will be.

The only thing I really play any more is Command and Conquer. The version I play with is a modified version of Generals called Shockwave.....

All from shadow of chernobyl. Im still waiting to grab a copy of Call of Pripyat. Im not going to waste time on clear sky though. Im having fun doing a huge dose of freeplay in SOC, building up cash and getting Exo armor before i head through red forest.

DXM said:
Is that IL-2 ?
Haven't played it in a few years and also have the add-on Forgotten Battles.
You should see the version of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
Cliffs of Dover Trailer (IL-2 Sturmovik)
Presently I'm playing Battlefield 2142, It's on it's last legs online but still fun if you find a decent server.
Battelfield 2142 Intro

its microsoft combat flight simulator 3 battle for europe.

KeiserSoze said:
Old school Call of Duty for me. And I mean old school. The original PC version. CoD2 was ok, but it was built on an engine for Xbox, and that totally screwed up the game play. After that, I got sucked into WoW. Then I became a father... /uninstall games :'( :p
call of duty was a good game, i liked call of duty 2 though, they could have done better with call of duty world at war.

Elm City Hobbies said:
I have been hung up on a couple of Massive Multiplayer Online Games,

Combat Arms is really good, and took up alot of time, then I discovered World of Tanks, and then it was all downhill from there. Awesome addictive online game.

The only bad thing about WoT, is it was a closed Beta I was in and have spent the last 2 months earning points to upgrade weapons and armor and sometimes whole tanks. Come April 15, the game goes live to the public, and everyone's accounts are going to be reset. While it is fair and I recognize that.....took a long time to build up my tanks to the point they are at now. They do say that they are going to reward us for being Beta testers, so we will see what the reward will be.

that would so tick me off if i had to start from scratch all over again in some of the games i did.

Grendels said:
The only thing I really play any more is Command and Conquer. The version I play with is a modified version of Generals called Shockwave.....

i have herd of command and conquer, heard its a good game.

Gun Cam Footage 4 Bomber Intercept.
here is some more, this is bomber attack, when you attack bombers you need to be fast, i dive in at them, sometimes my Mustang will reach over 500mph in a dive during attacks, if you dont act fast, you will get chewed up by the tail gunners! the bombers are not realistic, even after the bombers are "blown up" the tail gunners will keep shooting, so i have had fallen debris shoot at me and take out my liquid cooling system, epic gaming fail!

Gun Cam Footage 2
this one is more like my very first video, but features a variety of different aircraft, the first was more 109s, but this one has Focke Wulves and i think ME-262 Jets in addition to 109s, as my opposition of course...

13aceofspades13 said:
call of duty was a good game, i liked call of duty 2 though, they could have done better with call of duty world at war.

Yeah, WaW was a Treyarch release, not IW. They alternate releases.
CoD - IW
CoD United Offensive Expansion - Treyarch
CoD2 - IW.
CoD3 Big Red One (console only) - Treyarch.
CoD: MW - IW (Which was graphically a great game, but I hated the way all guns went to both sides. I liked the balance of the old WWII weapons being country specific. Better balance IMO) It was at this point that I dropped the game altogether.
CoD: WaW - Treyarch (played it SP, wasn't impressed)
CoD: MW2 - IW
(I think at this point, they realized the Treyarch games were seriously inferior)
CoD: Black Ops - IW
and so on....

KeiserSoze said:
13aceofspades13 said:

CoD - IW
CoD2 - IW.
CoD: MW - IW (Which was graphically a great game, but I hated the way all guns went to both sides. I liked the balance of the old WWII weapons being country specific. Better balance IMO) It was at this point that I dropped the game altogether.
(I think at this point, they realized the Treyarch games were seriously inferior)
and so on....

i want another WWII based Call Of Duty, different packs though, one whole pack that focuses on the American campaign both in pacific and Europe, one that focuses on the Russian campaign, one that focuses on the British campaign, one that focuses even on the German campaign.

it would also be cool if you got to choose what weapons you get to use in each mission rather than them picking for you.
for example, i prefer to have the Springfield .30-06 for sniping, or long range targets, and a Thompson for close quarters combat situations. also have the ability to equip your weapons with different features, such as the ability to choose between different ammunition capacities "magazines" such as, with the Thompson, being able to select from the 20 round box magazine 30 round box magazine, or 50 or 100 round drums! downsides for each, the advantage of a lesser sized magazine, 20 round box magazine, lighter weapon, your player becomes faster more managable, but you have limited ammunition capacity. or the 100 round drum, your ammo capacity increases greatly, but your mobility decreases!

another thing that frustrates me about most of the WWII call of duties was, some of the weapons where seariously underated! they gave the Thompson the seriously out of date 20 round box magazine, instead of the more common 30 round box magazine which was used more in combat!

13aceofspades13 said:
KeiserSoze said:
13aceofspades13 said:

CoD - IW
CoD2 - IW.
and so on....

i want another WWII based Call Of Duty, different packs though, one whole pack that focuses on the American campaign both in pacific and Europe, one that focuses on the Russian campaign, one that focuses on the British campaign, one that focuses even on the German campaign.

it would also be cool if you got to choose what weapons you get to use in each mission rather than them picking for you.
for example, i prefer to have the Springfield .30-06 for sniping, or long range targets, and a Thompson for close quarters combat situations. also have the ability to equip your weapons with different features, such as the ability to choose between different ammunition capacities "magazines" such as, with the Thompson, being able to select from the 20 round box magazine 30 round box magazine, or 50 or 100 round drums! downsides for each, the advantage of a lesser sized magazine, 20 round box magazine, lighter weapon, your player becomes faster more managable, but you have limited ammunition capacity. or the 100 round drum, your ammo capacity increases greatly, but your mobility decreases!

another thing that frustrates me about most of the WWII call of duties was, some of the weapons where seariously underated! they gave the Thompson the seriously out of date 20 round box magazine, instead of the more common 30 round box magazine which was used more in combat!

Agreed, the WWII was the best. Sadly, it will never happen. :( They were already working on the Modern Warfare game when Microsoft approached them with the offer of the Xbox 360 release title of CoD2. That's why the gameplay of CoD2 was so bad. They didn't really want to do it for reasons other than $, and it was rushed out for the release so they just ported over the code from the console engine. Epic fail IW. :mad:

And I'm pretty sure the reasoning for the 20 round mag was for weapon balance. 30 rounds in that gun would have altered the balance.... evident in the mods that were created.

KeiserSoze said:
13aceofspades13 said:
KeiserSoze said:
13aceofspades13 said:

CoD - IW
CoD2 - IW.
and so on....

Agreed, the WWII was the best. Sadly, it will never happen. :( They were already working on the Modern Warfare game when Microsoft approached them with the offer of the Xbox 360 release title of CoD2. That's why the gameplay of CoD2 was so bad. They didn't really want to do it for reasons other than $, and it was rushed out for the release so they just ported over the code from the console engine. Epic fail IW. :mad:

And I'm pretty sure the reasoning for the 20 round mag was for weapon balance. 30 rounds in that gun would have altered the balance.... evident in the mods that were created.

yea, it would have, though most people would claim weapons like the MP-40 are better, the Thompson has a faster rate of fire, and hits targets harder with its 45 caliber slugs, a 30 round magazine almost matches the MP-40s 32 round magazine, giving it a discrete advantage!

Latest posts

Back