FW 190 A-1 (Pegasus Hobbies 1:48)

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Hey guys,

Building this to practice some free hand camouflage with my airbrush. No PE, no resin AM, no concerns as to a really accurate interior.

I started on Friday, by Saturday evening I had he cockpits done, and this morning I started putting the fuselage together.

In addition to this FW 190, I'm building a Pegasus BF 109.
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,4801.msg70453.html#msg70453

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

Jason (JMac)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oooh ...That was quick ;D

Nice work again Jason ,Two of my favs on the go ;D gotta love the 190 .

Keep it up ;)

Chris.

After a little delay for painting the landing gear bays, I assembled the wings. Not as nice a fit as the BF 109, more filler will be required. Engine and cowling interior are both roughly painted also.

Jason (JMac)

Thanks Chris. The fit on this one is not as good as Pegasus's 109 kit. The snap fits seem to be excessive, have on my kit have caused some sizeable steps, they are so tight it's difficult to test fit anything. Because of they I'm still shimming areas with styrene and filling with putty. Hoping to paint the primer coat this weekend maybe, we will see.
Jason

oh, like butcher birds very mutch, i hope somewere i build my ta-152h 1/72 artmodel kit.

Even with the fit problems ,She's lookin good Jason ,love the shape of these birds ..real beefy looking machine ;D

Chris.

Thanks Chris & and!e, I like the look of the Fw-190's also.

Kind of wish I had this one closer to paint, but no need to rush it. I'm still working on the seams however and the Bf 109 is getting close to finished.

Quick update - I primed the model today, and well, found more spots to fill in... :p

Pictures soon, I'm trying a different approach to the priming and painting with this one than the BF 109 - just to see if it's a better way for me to paint these German birds.

Jason

The build is coming along nicely, JMac! The dreaded "Butcher Bird" is one of
my favorite warplanes of WW2. Can't wait to see the next installment......

Thanks Panzerman. After a couple rounds of prime and sand - I said ENOUGH! I don't want to get to hung up with trying to make this a "perfect" build - just get on with the painting. Here's how the FW 190 looks primed. I primed it with the Vallejo Acrylic-polyurethane Black and the Acrylic-polyurethane white.

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome.

Jason

Preshading the RLM 76 surfaces. :)

Jason

Good on ya Jason. Love seeing an OOB build. And you have picked my fav subjects to practice on. This one looks sweet and I cant wait to see the next installment. More power to ya.
FW190 (John)

Oooh ..nearly camo time ;D Looks good Jason .

Chris.

Thanks for the encouragement Chris. :)
I've started into the actual colours and camo - RLM 04 last night and this morning.

Jason

RLM 04 done. :)

I've got some overspray and a few spots where my masking was not the best. The next layers of colour will take care of any out of place yellow. ;D

Jason

Nice work Jason :) your bench looks nearly as busy as mine ;D is that a Yak in the front ? and possibly a P-47 in the back ?

Chris.

Yep. A PM models Yak-15 (I kind of like the ugly duckling), and an Italeri P-47 (not a nice kit - stay away from that one). This starting stuff before finishing other stuff - it's a kind of modellers ADHD, I'm sure of it.

I'm on holidays from work for the week (it's reading week). I hope to get a lot done - but the "honey do" list might get in the way.

Jason

Latest posts

Back