Future question.

Aaron1883

I just bought some Pledge Future floor wax and I am wondering if it needs to be thinned at all. I have been using a aerosol Testor's can of sealer so far but Keisor recommended Future as a good substitute for on the cheap.

I have a Paasche VL1007 double action airbrush that I will be applying the sealer with.

Some thin it, some don't. I don't. It comes down to personal preference and/or exactly what application you are using it for. Test it out on some old junkers and see which you like better.

I have a Passche VL1 and I don't thin future at all. Spray somewhere between 15 and 20 Psi.

I don't even spray it anymore. I found it lays down a lot smoother if you brush it on. No kidding. ;)

You dont need to thin it at all ,it goes on fine ,make sure to clean out your airbrush well after tho' . It also applies really well by brush as already mentioned ,and it doesnt leave brush marks .

Chris.

The trick with spraying FUTURE, is the air pressure. It can dry quickly if you are using too much pressure leaving a pebbly texture. Spray as low a pressure as you are comfortable with, applying a smooth coat, and it will work great.

future help

Can anyone give me the breakdown on airbrushing future on models.
Is it necessary to thin it? If so how do you thin it? Also how do you clean the airbrush after using future?

Thanks

Re: future help

NOC,

I do not thin Future when shooting it on a Model. I build Mostly German Panzers from WWII. I use Future during the Decaling only .

1) I just shoot a thin coat over where the Decal will be going.

2) Let it set up for 24 hours

3) Apply the decal hit, & hit it with some Micro-Sol to make sure it's down

4) I let that set for another 24 hours & then go about My weathering !

After which all is finished, I'll hit it with a Flat coat, or sometimes after the weathering process, I won't need to shoot it with Dulcote.

Here is a great article about Future:

www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

It will tell you all you need to know about future. You can also find more information in the painting section. I do use it all the time with my builds. I don't thin it, just shoot it straight out of the bottle. If you add some Tamiya flat base, you can turn it into a dull coat.

thanks for the tips. that article was very helpful. i will check out the painting section also.

what do you use to clean the airbrush after you spary future? will windex work? or is that to harsh?

noc5659 said:
what do you use to clean the airbrush after you spary future? will windex work? or is that to harsh?

Yes ! You will wanna use Windex - * Make sure it has Amonia in it.* That's really what you are after to clean the Future out of Your brush ! But I hesitate t ouse Straight Amonia ... I think the Fumes will knock you on Your A##. So just make sure whichever glass cleaner that you get, has Amonia in it !!

noc5659 said:

I use a mixture of ammonia and Alcohol. When that is done I shoot Createx air brush cleaner through it. Works great. I do not use windex.

Grendels said:
noc5659 said:

I use a mixture of ammonia and Alcohol. When that is done I shoot Createx air brush cleaner through it. Works great. I do not use windex.

I make sure It doesn't sit long enough to dry, run some water through and run a Q-tip in the paint cup. Then I disassemble and run my brushes through the gun. Never had a problem. May have a little to do with my particular brush, but I never needed anything other than water.

I do soak the tip in Createx restorer for a while just to be safe tho.

I've always blown Windex through my airbrush to clean it (even after spraying Future) and never encountered any difficulties. The trick is to follow up the Windex with lots of water; the Windex will actually gunk up your brush a little if you leave the residue inside.

Splashcoat said:
I've always blown Windex through my airbrush to clean it (even after spraying Future) and never encountered any difficulties. The trick is to follow up the Windex with lots of water; the Windex will actually gunk up your brush a little if you leave the residue inside.
\
That is why I use the createx air brush cleaner. It removes the residue. Water would work as well.

Im with Grendels on this one ,I use a good airbrush cleaner followed by a blow through with distilled water ,I use distilled as some tap water can also leave residues in the gun .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back