Forgotten in the Future Delorean

Thanks for the input Neo, but I'd already glued the car down! I'll have to try filing the tyres down next time I do a car build (I'm thinking Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters, or KITT from Knight Rider!)

This build is actually finished now.
I stuck the sign on the front and weathered and faded it. I would ideally like to have painted the sign up myself, but I don't have the talent or patience to replicate the dsign so I went with the printed sign option.
I then added a bush and some moss to it as well as some grass tufts.
I also weathered the car and sign with green slime and once it was all dried I glued dry leaf litter over the scene.

The last job was to make up the cables that I scraped off at the beginning from round the wheel arches and have them hanging off as if they have come away from the car.

Anyway heres the pictures:
20120708_153328.jpg

20120708_153338.jpg

20120708_153306.jpg

20120708_153301.jpg

20120708_153242.jpg

20120708_153220.jpg

20120708_153231.jpg

20120708_153206.jpg

20120708_153119.jpg

20120708_153110.jpg

20120708_152950.jpg

Its been a fun if quick build, thanks for looking

That's incredible! What's next a slimed up ghostbusters car!? A crashed A team van? Don't stop these 80's dio's man I just love em ;D

Thanks mj, all of the above actually!

Ive got my eyes on Ecto 1 for the future and also KITT, now if only i could get hold of an A team van...!

Shame that modern tv shows dont have such memorable cars. i could always go for the Quattro from ashes to ashes!

There's a load on eBay uk right now type in 'mpc a team' and a guys selling loads of movie related cars etc.....Robocop car!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you liked it.
Mj, youre putting temptation in my way! ill have to have a look later, i did notice the audi quattro from ashes to ashes, which im watching. so many ideas so little time!

Beautiful diorama! Very convincing and immersive, as all great dioramas are.

Going back to the tires, I'm in a similar situation, would filing them down work for making them look flat? I guess burying them would be the easiest way. But how could you achieve a genuine flat tire?

Its a tricky one Cave Dweller, I would like to know if anyone has any tips, for future models,

I've seen them being heated up and melted, but I worry about ruining the tyre.
Also I thought if they were hollow you could squeeze the tyre and perhaps superglue the inside of the tyre to the rim to hold it flat, but thats just me throwing out an idea!

any ideas would be welcome

BTTF is one of my most favorite movies - watched the trilogy through for 200 times at least ;D
And the awesomness factor of this dio is extremely high.
Great job all around, Leighbo!

Were these tires rubber, or plastic?
If plastic, I suppose you could heat them up, carefully, and press them down onto a flat surface. If rubber, maybe you could drive a screw threw the bottom, and into the wheel?....maybe? ??? ::) :-\

Absolutely stunning work. Sensational.

Oh, I have so much to learn.

Embs

Had to come back and get another look at this one Leighbo. Incredible work!!!

Latest posts

Back