Fine Molds TIE Interceptor

JediPuju

Hi guys,

Finished this just before Christmas - so thought Id post it up. Just bought a big sheet of blue card to take photos against. My camera sucks for this type of thing though so sorry bout that.

Hope you enjoy - It is a bit bluer (I went for vallejo pale blue grey) in person but no where near as blue as the studio model, never mind. Still looks cool though ;D

Later

SSL24530.jpg
SSL24531.jpg
SSL24532.jpg
SSL24538.jpg
SSL24534.jpg

Wow. Perfect!

I still haven't figured out how to do those hull lines yet. Maybe with the bigger one I'll be able to.

I picked up this kit a month or so back...sweet kit, I want to get the rest of the 1/72 ones as well eventually.

Looks great!

Just Mike said:
Wow. Perfect!

I still haven't figured out how to do those hull lines yet. Maybe with the bigger one I'll be able to.

Look up Micron pens. That is how I do panel lines this small.

Nice build!! Makes me want to run out and buy one!!

No Doubt !! Great Build !! Excellent color !! Was the Vallejo that you used a color in the Model Air line ? I'm getttin' ready to tackle Darth Vader's Tie Fighter ( yeah , th 'ol MPC kit) I really like this color !!

Great Weathering !! Steller Job !!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Just Mike said:

It couldnt be easier. I first gave the model a coat of Future (Or Klear to me ;) )
Then I used ProModeller weathering wash which was simply slathered all over the model.
after about 20 mins, its dry so all you need to do then is wipe it off with a moist kitchen towel.
The smaller areas were wiped off with a moist q-tip ( or cotton bud to me ;) )

Was the first time I used the Pro Modeller wash too. Highly recommended.

panzerace007 said:
Was the Vallejo that you used a color in the Model Air line ? I'm getttin' ready to tackle Darth Vader's Tie Fighter ( yeah , th 'ol MPC kit) I really like this color !!

Yes - I pre shaded the model with tamiya flat black then base coat was Vallejo Model Air Pale Blue Grey.
Its a nice trade off for the blue colour of the studio models and the greyer colour you see in the movies IMO.

Ya gotta love the FineMolds Star Wars kits, they just wall together, excellent quality and far better than the AMT/ERTL kits.

Excellent work JediPuju - love to see some more keep them rolling in

Wow. There's not much else I can say other than it looks pretty damn perfect to me... :)

JediPuju said:
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Just Mike said:

It couldnt be easier. I first gave the model a coat of Future (Or Klear to me ;) )
Then I used ProModeller weathering wash which was simply slathered all over the model.
after about 20 mins, its dry so all you need to do then is wipe it off with a moist kitchen towel.
The smaller areas were wiped off with a moist q-tip ( or cotton bud to me ;) )

Excellent! Another tip in my ever in my ever-increasing arsenal of tricks and tips!

Like the idea of the micron pen too!

Very nice work.
Flory Model ( aka Pro modeler) e=wash are really awesome.
What is the number of the Vallejo model air you used. I really like it.

Latest posts

Back