Fiber Optics?

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
Other than those flashlight toys at the dollar store, what is a good source for fiber optics? Im having trouble finding a decent source. All I seem to be able to find on ebay are those fiber optic lamps and toy flashlight things.

I would prefer spools of different sizes, if that even a possibility.

perfect! thanks Grendels, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I just got a sample pack from them. 50 yds of 4 different sizes. Great prices and fast delivery. I won't go anywhere else.

I've started with the AMT Fiber Optic Kit a long time ago, but when they became harder and harder to find, I found the FiberOpticStore.com online and found that to get the same fibers that they use in that kit, you would need to get the 64 strand fiber cable. I ended up getting about 10 feet and it was alot cheaper then the AMT Kit that's for sure. The only thing about the kit that I like is that little drill with the micro drill bits. I think they re about an 85 I believe. Those drill bits are extremely fragile and break very easily if you don't watch yourself. They are harder to find then the fiber optic cable. Anyone know of a good source for those bits?

LrdSatyr8 said:
I've started with the AMT Fiber Optic Kit a long time ago, but when they became harder and harder to find, I found the FiberOpticStore.com online and found that to get the same fibers that they use in that kit, you would need to get the 64 strand fiber cable. I ended up getting about 10 feet and it was alot cheaper then the AMT Kit that's for sure. The only thing about the kit that I like is that little drill with the micro drill bits. I think they re about an 85 I believe. Those drill bits are extremely fragile and break very easily if you don't watch yourself. They are harder to find then the fiber optic cable. Anyone know of a good source for those bits?

I don't, but I still have one that is functional, and I have been very careful with it. What I do now is use a Tamiya handy drill. It is very good on drill bits, even the small ones. The only thing is that the collet that comes with it won't hold a variety of drill bits. You will have to buy some dremel collets to fix this. (The dremel collets fit in the handy drill just fine.)

Grendels said:
LrdSatyr8 said:

I don't, but I still have one that is functional, and I have been very careful with it. What I do now is use a Tamiya handy drill. It is very good on drill bits, even the small ones. The only thing is that the collet that comes with it won't hold a variety of drill bits. You will have to buy some dremel collets to fix this. (The dremel collets fit in the handy drill just fine.)

John, the Tamiya handy drill you speak of is that the blue hand held drill Ive seen you use and refer to in other different videos ? Kinda looks like one of those old fashioned flashlights with the pull button on the top of it from when we were kids haha ? If so Im glad you brought this back up as I wanted to look into getting one of those back when I saw it in your one video and since forgot about it ha ha.

Grendels said:
That is exactly what it is. By the way it is a model kit too.

Nice nice, thanks man. (Still anxiously waiting for the video of Bibi finishing her model ) haha. However, I wont be as fast to want it until about the end of this coming week as my modem for our DSL connection went haywire and have to wait till the new modem gets here to get high speed internet back to watch videos. The place I need to get it is only a hour away so I offered to drive to them to pick it up but that was unacceptable to them for some reason they had to ship it. So as a temporary fix to give us internet period, they offered us this slow slow dial up service ha ha. Hey its better then nothing but I cant watch any type of videos at all until were back at high speed DSL as before. Good lord Id hate to see the regular dial up service lol it would take a hour just to load a page. haha

That video will be up soon, I finished shooting it, and just have to wait to upload it a few days.

Yep, I hated the dial up days...

Latest posts

Back