February Workbench Update and Some Extras

I can't get over how good the Krylon looks. I bet it's a really smooth finish, the decals will adhere great to it. The touch ups on the P-40 look great also. Tons of work in there Jim, good stuff.

Here is my last scheduled entry for WestFest which is on the 28th! :eek:

Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito Mk.VI of the Israeli AF. Right now this is about all that is done but it goes together quick so I do expect to finish it. Really all we need here is some light touch ups and a wash.

photobucket-6137-1334641347605.jpg

photobucket-31653-1334641391219.jpg

photobucket-2679-1334641427962.jpg

Looking good, ShutterAce. Lots on deck to keep you busy. Keep on rolling. Bill

Thanks Bill!

Jason, if you decant it and spray it through your AB it lays down like glass, It's so thin and flows so well. Really kind of unbelievable.

ShutterAce said:
Jason, if you decant it and spray it through your AB it lays down like glass, It's so thin and flows so well. Really kind of unbelievable.

Thanks Jim, when it finally gets above freezing here, I think I'll take the compressor and airbrush outside and give that a try. I normally spray acyrlics (Vallejo & rarely Tamiya now) - what do you use to clean out your airbrush after the Krylon?

The front office on the Mossie looks sharp BTW. Looking forward to seeing the fuselage all closed up - the 28 th doesn't leave a lot of time.

I've got so many things going on I don't even know which thread to post progress in anymore! :p

Progress shots before getting some shuteye...

The decals on the Promodeller P-40E are not making me happy :mad: but these Tamiya Mossies are sweet!!! ;D
photobucket-24939-1335161191929.jpg

All the tiny bits for the Mustangs are base coated except for prop blades and exhausts. That F4U-4 was a Christmas gift from 2010. it's the Hasegawa kit and has been waiting for it's basecoat for about a year. ::)
photobucket-24277-1335161234565.jpg

Now go to bed! ;) :D ;D

Hey Jim ,

Havent looked in for a bit ,I was away for a while so Im just trying to catch up on things . WOW man ,you got your hands full haven't you !!! ,Some very nice work going on .I really like the aluminium finish it looks great I may have to try that on the next metal finish . They're all looking great tho' and those Tammy Mossies are nice to build arent they .Looking forward to the big finish :)
Checked out your blog too ...nice work ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Hey Jim ,

Havent looked in for a bit ,I was away for a while so Im just trying to catch up on things . WOW man ,you got your hands full haven't you !!! ,Some very nice work going on .I really like the aluminium finish it looks great I may have to try that on the next metal finish . They're all looking great tho' and those Tammy Mossies are nice to build arent they .Looking forward to the big finish :)
Checked out your blog too ...nice work ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris.

It's either feast or famine in my workshop lately. No in between. It sure makes me feel like I'm getting something accomplished though. ;D

Can't get over how many projects currently on on your bench. I forgot about that when I made the French airfield suggestion...sorry. :p

Great work on the WiP. That krylon finish is fantastic. I ended up ordering an 1:72 F-107 just to try it out this summer.

JMac said:
Can't get over how many projects currently on on your bench. I forgot about that when I made the French airfield suggestion...sorry. :p

Great work on the WiP. That krylon finish is fantastic. I ended up ordering an 1:72 F-107 just to try it out this summer.

I kinda like the airfield idea :p

Looking forward to the Krylon adventures. too.

Latest posts

Back