F4U-5 Corsair

Quaralane

Reaction score
Looking good so far.
Fingers crossed for the final result

FW190A-8

Reaction score
Can hardly wait to see the next pics f2k....... don't keep us in suspense.....
cheers,
John

f2k

Reaction score
What's wrong with suspense? ;D

Dum, dum , duuuuuuum...

I lifted the lid this morning to check what was going on. The resin has cleared up a bit but it's still too dark for my liking. Oh well, live and learn...

It still has some 12 hours to go before being completely dry so I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when I get home later. However, I'll pulling yet another round of overtime tonight So I won't be able to get proper pictures until tomorrow.

So you might have to wait for a little longer... ;)

f2k

Reaction score
Well, the extra work didn’t materialize (mainly because our customer hasn’t delivered the needed data) so I got home earlier than expected and could take some pictures of the finished diorama.

The water effect has now been drying for some 24 hours but it’s still slightly moist and spongy to the touch – a bit like a gummi bear. It seems solid enough though...

The good news is that the water became slightly more transparent as it cured. For example, the submerged wing is completely visible.

I’m a bit disappointed with the grass tufts, I must admit. I had hope that the individual strands had been somewhat visible but the water effect has created a strange lumpy effect around the grass, almost as if it had been bubbling a bit. Actually, that wouldn’t surprise me – the brushstrokes needed to get the water to flow into the grass tufts might very well have created bubbles.

But apart from that it turned out all right, I think. Lots of things I would have done differently, had I a chance to go back and redo it. But hey, it’s all a learning experience!

Thanks for following the build guys. I appreciated the feedback.

Now, what to do next? 1/72 Jagdpather? 1/100 KV-5 unit? 1/144 Stuka? Redo my 1/100 SU-85’s? 1/100 desert Germans? Something else...? So much to do, so little time...

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Reaction score
F2k, cool!!! :eek: you made it on time and its absolutely amazing :eek:

ShutterAce

Reaction score
That's a great idea and you pulled it off well. Two thumbs up! :D

FW190A-8

Reaction score
:eek: f2k, that is fantastic. Well done. Very impressive. Thank you for sharing the experience with us.

Myke

Reaction score
I think it looks incredible. I love the color of the muddy water. Fantastic execution on this great and creative idea.

f2k

Reaction score
Thank you once again, guys.

I'm glad you liked it... :D

Latest posts