F15-C Aggressor

dkev

Today I finally got every thing in for my next, and probably hardest, project. The F-15C with the "Splinter" paint scheme.

P1000690.jpg

The uber detailed ejection seat.

P1000693.jpg

The paint masks. Which I have never painted with. So this should be fun. Yikes

P1000696.jpg

And of course the 65th Aggressor squadron decals.

P1000698.jpg

The paint scheme was used to mimic the Sukhoi Su-35S durring , I believe, 2011 Red Flag. Only one was ever painted this way. ;D

This particular kit has A LOT of pieces. This is an easy Level 3 build.

Really looking forward to your progress.I have the same plans,but I'll be using a Hasegawa kit.

Afterburner said:
Really looking forward to your progress.I have the same plans,but I'll be using a Hasegawa kit.

There are a lot of aftermarket parts for the Haseqawa kit. I wan't to get the intake/exhaust plugs. But I'm not sure they will work on my version.

Just a quick update. Cockpit tub is done. Now I'm doing the first assembly steps and seam work. I work 2nd shift so this is a little slow going, which is probably a good thing. I have a tendency to rush so I'm resisting that urge.

P1000702.jpg

P1000704.jpg

Just a quick update. This kit came with really nice exhaust nozzles. However, each nozzle comes as 4 panels to be glued together then the struts. Ya, not gonna happen. :( Sooo I ordered the Aires nozzles the other day to use. They are for the Hasegawa kit, along with just about every other accessory item for this plane it would seem. SO I am keeping my fingers crossed that these will fit.
mcdonnell_douglas_f_15c_exhaust_nozzles_late_ver.jpg

jus got this kit today, and im at pretty much the exact same point, gonna be looking for help on this one... no pressure, lol ;D
anyway, very nice progress.

ahmed malik said:
jus got this kit today, and im at pretty much the exact same point, gonna be looking for help on this one... no pressure, lol ;D
anyway, very nice progress.

;D

Looking great. I love the aggressor paint schemes. I did a Tamiya F-16 Aggressor just because of the paint scheme. Anyways how is the fit of the kit so far? Any issues? I love the F-15 but I had a lot of issues with the Academy Strike Eagle kit and it ended up in no mans land.

letsgobrowns82 said:
Looking great. I love the aggressor paint schemes. I did a Tamiya F-16 Aggressor just because of the paint scheme. Anyways how is the fit of the kit so far? Any issues? I love the F-15 but I had a lot of issues with the Academy Strike Eagle kit and it ended up in no mans land.

Nothing major so far other then the new exhaust. I've done a lot of sanding to remove all the seams so I'll have a lot of scribing to do. I have the F-16 aggressor as well. I just haven't gotten to it yet. Someday :)

hey... im doing this modle at the same time, and im so confused as to where C17 goes on the bottom of p.1, anyway, that aires nozzle should fit, since hasagewa and this is practically the same.

oh, k thx, and btw, i'm low on budget so i had to make the exhausts OOB, 5 panels, with 2 pipes on each panel, which is put on 2 pieces, then 2 of them are made... oh God :'( then painting too, but it's all worth it. 8)
anyway, how's progress?

Pretty much done with sanding the fuselage. I have a lot of etching to do before I can primer it.

Update time.
I just finished priming. It came out really well. I have some minor etching left on the wings and a small gap on a wing edge. But all the seams came out perfect. That's a first. The speed break will be in the up position when I'm done. I just have it taped in the closed position for painting purposes.

image hosting no sign up

image hosting photo bucket

Latest posts

Back