Extra crusty armor

pingvuiini

Some crusty samples of mine from the armor forum. I am aware that the excessive weathering is not entirely real world realistic, but I am unable to control the urge to crustify.

My latest build: Tamiya KV-1B
KV-1Bv1TopRear01.jpg

KV-1Bv1Frt02.jpg

KV-1Bv1TopRear04.jpg

KV-1Bv1TopBck01.jpg

KV-1Bv1Side01.jpg

KV-1Bv1TopFrt04.jpg

KV-1Bv1Detail02.jpg

Dragon Panther F
PantherFTopFrt02.jpg

PantherFFrt04.jpg

Tamiya 8-Ton Halftrack
8TonFinalv2TopFrt02.jpg

Tamiya Char B1 bis
CharB1v2Frt01.jpg

CharB1v2TopRear02.jpg

CharB1v2Detail05.jpg

Tamiya Möbelwagen AA
MobelwagenFnlv1Frt02.jpg

MobelwagenFnlv1Detail03.jpg

MobelwagenFnlv1TopFrt02.jpg

Dragon Jagdtiger
JagdtigerTopFrt01.jpg

Tamiya Kanonenwagen Halftrack
Kanonenwagen3TopFrt02.jpg

Kanonenwagen3Detail01.jpg

Kanonenwagen3Detail03.jpg

Kanonenwagen3Detail04.jpg

Italeri Elefant
Elefant5Frt04.jpg

Elefant5Rear02.jpg

Elefant5TopFrt02.jpg

Italeri or Academy Piranha 'amphibulous' armored car
PiranhaFrt02.jpg

PiranhaSide01.jpg

PiranhaSide02.jpg

PiranhaRear02.jpg

Dragon Sd.Kfz. 181 (P)
FerdinandDFrt04.jpg

FerdinandDRear02.jpg

FerdinandDTopRear02.jpg

My latest build 04.24.13 - Hobby Boss VK1602 Leopard straight from the box.

Before weathering:
VK1602CleanFrt04.jpg

VK1602CleanTopFrt04.jpg

After the usual excessive and unreasonable weathering:
VK1602v1Frt05.jpg

VK1602v1Frt02.jpg

VK1602v1Rear02.jpg

VK1602v1Side02.jpg

VK1602v1TopSide01.jpg

VK1602v1TopRear04.jpg

VK1602v1Detail04.jpg

VK1602v1Detail03.jpg

VK1602Box01.jpg

Looks like some great practice Ping. A bit much for me, but as you said, you enjoy it and that's what counts. I can see some great detail in there and I'll bet you are learning a lot from each rig. I like what appears to be snow flake affects on some of these rigs too, great for winter settings. Great work buddy!

Cheers, Ski.

Steve Ski said:
Looks like some great practice Ping. A bit much for me, but as you said, you enjoy it and that's what counts. I can see some great detail in there and I'll bet you are learning a lot from each rig. I like what appears to be snow flake affects on some of these rigs too, great for winter settings. Great work buddy!

Cheers, Ski.

Thank you for your compliments and critiques. I am currently working on a VK4502 [P] Hintern from Hobby Boss and will be experimenting with a new technique(to me at least) for even more crust. The only hitch is the individual glue together track links which I despise and take up so much time. But the new technique looks good so far with the initial paint. I will post photos later.

I love it. I don't think it's excessive at all, looks like what it would look like if it was discovered half buried in some field. I'm a big fan of those Tank resto shows, and these would look awesome in a Tank resto diorama.

it is cool first time I seen this type of weathering I do like maximus92 idea of a resto kit like from the restore shows also it would be a cool idea.

Its a bit much for me tbh but its your models and its what you think that matters most. Seeing some of them with that much rust on gave me an idea tho. You could make like an old barn and put one are 2 in there with hay and stuff on them. You could make as a diorama.

Those certainly are some crusty, filthy tanks! I like them, although your rust spotting does look a bit too uniform in some areas, the spacing, shapes etc, all kind of make everything look to evenly distributed and symmetric. Maybe try making some larger rusted out areas, and some a bit cleaner. Just a suggestion and yeah, do what you like!

Latest posts

Back