ERTL Falcon poor boy accurizing, Pics are back. oops!

morethandanorm

I have had some ideas for a long time on how I could get my Falcon more accurate without the cost. I've drooled over John Boswells' Falcon for a while. I have the same opinions of this kit as he explains on Starship Modeler. The sides are too tall, Cockpit is not accurate, Gun turrets are wrong, and its missing the two front landing gear bays. After I wipe off the drool , I check out those nice resin kits that would upgrade my Falcon. Then like clockwork I see the cost of those nice resin kits. I do modeling to keep me at home and not spending too much money. So I have had some ideas on how I could maybe get my falcon more accurate using another ERTL falcon I've had in my closet. My brother (Atomicdog) got me motivated to give it a shot. So Thanks for your time and interest in my post. I put some pictures of the progress up.
Copy3ofPicture025.jpgPicture024-1.jpgPicture023.jpgPicture022-1.jpgPicture021-1.jpgHey everyone. From the looks of things. Everyone is doing great job on their prodjects. Its been a pleasure to be part of all this.
I am getting excited about the progress with this Falcon. The new landing gear bays came out better than i imagined. I've thought about cutting them out of another Falcon for years. It really worked. I've got a bit of weathering to do still to blend it all together. I'll be starting on the cockpit next. I have an idea o using an X-wings cockpit to build a much more accurate Falcon cockpit. If ya look close you may pick out tons of x-wing parts along the sides. There are even a couple of Anikans pod racer engine parts here and there. I used a sawsall blade to cut in the panel lines along the escape pods.m4.jpg
11-1.jpg
2-1.jpg]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/achange4you/3.jpg[/IMG]3.jpg

Re: ERTL Falcon poor boy accurizing

Hey MTDN, soungs like a great plan. Thrifty is best, brings out the creativity.

Customizing doesn't have to be expensive,just have good think about it,have a look what bit's you already have about the house and take it from there. ;)
There is loads of stuff you can use, JUST OPEN YOUR MIND. :eek: :eek: :eek:

OH NO... The buckets of photos are gonners

But I wanna see it

Latest posts

Back