Enterprise NCC-1701-C

dkev

Just started this kit today. Took all of an hour to assemble all the sub assemblies. No gaps anywhere. What a great kit ! The challenge will be painting it. It has tons of detail. It's pretty nice. With the announcement of the re release of the 1:1400 Enterprise E I found myself in an Enterprise building mood. ;D click the picture to embiggin.

Been a long time since I've seen this kit.

Was one of the best quality kits AMT did for Trek

I am fancying getting myself one of these if I ever finish my Voyager. One of the clear ones though, maybe.

What's this about a re release of the E, though? Think I've missed that announcement...

Built the Yamaguchi kit years ago. Molded in clear and the plastic was quite brittle. Constantly had to touch up the saucer rim from chipping against the side of my worktable. Looked good when completed but what a chore to build.

custardchris said:
I am fancying getting myself one of these if I ever finish my Voyager. One of the clear ones though, maybe.

What's this about a re release of the E, though? Think I've missed that announcement...

Culttvman is taking pre orders for it. They didn't give a release date though. My guess it's sooner rather then later.

If that's a clear E-E, I'm straight in there. Really fancy a Sovereign class, but there's no way I'm drilling all those windows out.

I got everything primed but I found a few spots that need a bit more work. The mail man brought me 2 bottles of Mr. Dissolved Putty straight from Hong Kong. I've only recently heard how great this stuff is so we shall give it a try. Up to this point I've been using Mr. Surfacer 500 for my seam filling but it's getting really hard to find and the liquid putty is supposed to be way better.

Just a quick update. I finished the bulk of the painting on the top of the primary hull. Don't know what the special effects guys were thinking when they came up with a color scheme for this ship. I didn't use the exact colors the instructions indicate. Mainly because I don't want to shoot Model Master paint on it. I think my colors blend a little better. Not such a huge contrast between the sky gray and light blue I chose to use. Onward and upward.

P1000740.jpg

Latest posts

Back